MAX92 106 Posted Friday at 06:30 PM Posted Friday at 06:30 PM I don't find "enable detailed debug," in EmbyIcons settings
yocker 1991 Posted Friday at 06:36 PM Author Posted Friday at 06:36 PM 5 minutes ago, MAX92 said: I don't find "enable detailed debug," in EmbyIcons settings It's in the advance section. But never mind, i can replicate the problem.
yocker 1991 Posted Friday at 06:55 PM Author Posted Friday at 06:55 PM (edited) @MAX92I take that back, i can't replicate it. Is still a problem if you downgrade to the release version? Please do what i said and also send a screenshot of the info screen of that movie like this: Edited Friday at 06:56 PM by yocker
yocker 1991 Posted Friday at 07:19 PM Author Posted Friday at 07:19 PM 4 minutes ago, MAX92 said: Nope a lot I added the latest work i have worked on as beta v5.60.5.0, try that one. Been working on a check to see if an install of Emby has Skia or not before the plugin will use it. Might be what is going wrong. If that doesn't work try and downgrade to the release and see if that fixes it.
MAX92 106 Posted Friday at 07:25 PM Posted Friday at 07:25 PM (edited) Same : Go back to no beta version I couldn't test until next friday Edited Friday at 07:26 PM by MAX92
yocker 1991 Posted Friday at 07:31 PM Author Posted Friday at 07:31 PM 6 minutes ago, MAX92 said: Same : Go back to no beta version I couldn't test until next friday You can downgrade to the stable by selecting this.
yocker 1991 Posted Friday at 07:44 PM Author Posted Friday at 07:44 PM 8 minutes ago, MAX92 said: I downgrade but still the problem. Then i'm sad to say that i'm pretty sure it's a settings problem on your end. But try and activate: It's in the advanced tab in the settings. Move an icons position, save, go into a library to see if anything changed and then send me the emby log file. Also if you can, send me the embyicons.xml file in the plugins/configuration folder. That way i can be sure.
thynan 7 Posted Sunday at 07:09 PM Posted Sunday at 07:09 PM On 25/09/2026 at 15:11, yocker said: Try the latest 5.60.2.0 beta in the catalog. I changed it to not show when the rating has no value. I upgraded to 5.60.2.0 beta but it still shows a rating of 10 for empty ratings unfortunately. I changed the Icon to a custom IMDB icon, if that makes any difference?
dc12345 5 Posted Sunday at 08:09 PM Posted Sunday at 08:09 PM I havent read the full post here but when i have any that have a 10 rating, if i manually re-identify the movie it then pulls through a rating and the overlay corrects itself. Not sure if this helps
yocker 1991 Posted Sunday at 09:01 PM Author Posted Sunday at 09:01 PM 1 hour ago, thynan said: I upgraded to 5.60.2.0 beta but it still shows a rating of 10 for empty ratings unfortunately. I changed the Icon to a custom IMDB icon, if that makes any difference? Should be fixed in the 5.60.6.0 version.
yocker 1991 Posted Monday at 07:28 AM Author Posted Monday at 07:28 AM (edited) New beta version 5.60.9.0. 1) Performance improvements, 2) Fixed small memory leak (talking low megabytes) 3) Added a poster scale option, this can improve drawing speeds a lot specially for smaller systems. Edited Monday at 07:29 AM by yocker 1
thynan 7 Posted Monday at 12:07 PM Posted Monday at 12:07 PM 15 hours ago, dc12345 said: I havent read the full post here but when i have any that have a 10 rating, if i manually re-identify the movie it then pulls through a rating and the overlay corrects itself. Not sure if this helps I have a rating-sync plugin running, that will always overwrite any manual changes with "null" or "0" again if it doesn't find a rating in the IMDB CSV files that can be downloaded. This happens for very new movies, or movies with a low number of ratings. So manually editing doesn't solve the issue for me. Quote Should be fixed in the 5.60.6.0 version. Nice, it's fixed now. Thank you! 1
yocker 1991 Posted Monday at 12:25 PM Author Posted Monday at 12:25 PM 16 minutes ago, thynan said: I have a rating-sync plugin running, that will always overwrite any manual changes with "null" or "0" again if it doesn't find a rating in the IMDB CSV files that can be downloaded. This happens for very new movies, or movies with a low number of ratings. So manually editing doesn't solve the issue for me. Nice, it's fixed now. Thank you! Happy to hear it's working now. Please note: It's a beta version so bugs might have sneaked their way in. I'm currently running test on it with my own setup(s) without problems, should you find any then please report them to me so they can be fixed. 1
Devdroid 24 Posted 20 hours ago Posted 20 hours ago (edited) Thanks for a great plugin. I have an issue I was wondering if it's possible to fix. I have this enabled for all of my libraries so Emby clients can read from the SSD drive where I have Emby Server installed without waking my HDD array while browsing/searching etc while still keeping images in each of the media folders: With the EmbyIcons plugin enabled, searching/browsing wakes my drives: it reads the original images stored on my HDD array instead of the cached copies in the server's metadata folder on my SSD (Emby's "Cache images" library option keeps them in `/config/metadata/library/…/imagecache/`) as far as I can tell. Would it be possible to add an option to read all images from the server's cached metadata folder instead? Not sure if it's possible, but thought I'd ask, as it would stop drives from spinning up whenever I search for something that isn't already cached Running: Emby 4.10.1.0 in a docker container on Unraid, EmbyIcons 5.61.0.0 Edited 20 hours ago by Devdroid
yocker 1991 Posted 19 hours ago Author Posted 19 hours ago 57 minutes ago, Devdroid said: Thanks for a great plugin. I have an issue I was wondering if it's possible to fix. I have this enabled for all of my libraries so Emby clients can read from the SSD drive where I have Emby Server installed without waking my HDD array while browsing/searching etc while still keeping images in each of the media folders: With the EmbyIcons plugin enabled, searching/browsing wakes my drives: it reads the original images stored on my HDD array instead of the cached copies in the server's metadata folder on my SSD (Emby's "Cache images" library option keeps them in `/config/metadata/library/…/imagecache/`) as far as I can tell. Would it be possible to add an option to read all images from the server's cached metadata folder instead? Not sure if it's possible, but thought I'd ask, as it would stop drives from spinning up whenever I search for something that isn't already cached Running: Emby 4.10.1.0 in a docker container on Unraid, EmbyIcons 5.61.0.0 Reading from Emby's cache would be impossible as there's no way to know where precisely the images are stored by Emby and what they are called. The plugin only reacts and draws on what Emby hands over to it, basically Emby is in charge of what is happening. Disk access with the plugin is mostly up to how Emby hands over the poster. If a new poster has to be drawn, because someone browses the library, the disk should only wake in case Emby doesn't already have the drawn image. Two things that would wake the HDDs in your scenario. Posters haven't been drawn yet, then Emby it self will have to access to artwork for the videos on the HDDs. You use custom icons for EmbyIcons that are placed on the HDD. Many versions ago i tried making a scheduled task that could "warm up the cache" for Emby and EmbyIcons by going through all libraries and scanning for anything that wasn't already in the cache and then draw the posters. Maybe i could add something like that back. How ever, i never added it because it was a heavy operation that depending on the library sizes could take a long time. 1
yocker 1991 Posted 11 hours ago Author Posted 11 hours ago (edited) 9 hours ago, Devdroid said: Thanks for a great plugin. I have an issue I was wondering if it's possible to fix. I have this enabled for all of my libraries so Emby clients can read from the SSD drive where I have Emby Server installed without waking my HDD array while browsing/searching etc while still keeping images in each of the media folders: With the EmbyIcons plugin enabled, searching/browsing wakes my drives: it reads the original images stored on my HDD array instead of the cached copies in the server's metadata folder on my SSD (Emby's "Cache images" library option keeps them in `/config/metadata/library/…/imagecache/`) as far as I can tell. Would it be possible to add an option to read all images from the server's cached metadata folder instead? Not sure if it's possible, but thought I'd ask, as it would stop drives from spinning up whenever I search for something that isn't already cached Running: Emby 4.10.1.0 in a docker container on Unraid, EmbyIcons 5.61.0.0 I added the schedule task we talked about and you can find it in the 5.61.0.1 beta in the catalog. Please note: 1. Depending on library size it can take a while to run. 2. Newly uploaded media might still cause the HDDs to spin up. 3. It's a beta, bugs can have sneaked their way in so please report any bugs you might find. Edited 11 hours ago by yocker
Devdroid 24 Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago 38 minutes ago, yocker said: I added the schedule task we talked about and you can find it in the 5.61.0.1 beta in the catalog. Please note: 1. Depending on library size it can take a while to run. 2. Newly uploaded media might still cause the HDDs to spin up. 3. It's a beta, bugs can have sneaked their way in so please report any bugs you might find. Cool, will give it a spin! Thank you. 1
yocker 1991 Posted 8 hours ago Author Posted 8 hours ago 1 hour ago, Devdroid said: Cool, will give it a spin! Thank you. I forgot to mention, it also does it for the actual posters and not for episodes. This was with performance in mind.
GrimReaper 5174 Posted 2 hours ago Posted 2 hours ago (edited) 8 hours ago, yocker said: I added the schedule task we talked about and you can find it in the 5.61.0.1 beta in the catalog. Please note: 1. Depending on library size it can take a while to run. 2. Newly uploaded media might still cause the HDDs to spin up. 3. It's a beta, bugs can have sneaked their way in so please report any bugs you might find. Just tried this, seems to be working OK. Even the initial task run didn't take too long, 1hr15mins for 150,000+ images library. Subsequent task runs are quite fast, ~7-8mins pre-draw. Some settings I'm unsure of, would appreciate if you could throw some light on what those actually do (does it rebuild all episode images? what is that "aggregation"?...) for setting them accordingly. Thanks. Edited 2 hours ago by GrimReaper 1
GrimReaper 5174 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago As soon as the task is run, it starts throwing CoverArt Skia errors (143 instances in this run), guess they don't play quite nice: Quote 2026-10-01 05:54:09.115 Info PreDrawPostersTask: [EmbyIcons] Pre-draw posters started (up to 4 images at a time). 2026-10-01 05:54:09.567 Error ImageProcessor: Error enhancing image *** Error Report *** Version: 4.10.1.0 Command line: E:\EMBY\STABLE\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19045 OS/Process: x64/x64 Framework: .NET 8.0.31 Runtime: E:/EMBY/STABLE/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll Processor count: 16 Data path: E:\EMBY\STABLE\Emby-Server\programdata Application path: E:\EMBY\STABLE\Emby-Server\system System.Exception: System.Exception: Skia error - pixels pointer is zero at CoverArt.Skia.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap, Nullable`1 orientation, SKEncodedOrigin& origin) at CoverArt.Skia.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.Decode(String path, Boolean forceCleanBitmap, Nullable`1 orientation, SKEncodedOrigin& origin) at CoverArt.Skia.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.EnhanceImageAsync(BaseItem item, String inputPath, String outputPath, ImageType imageType, Int32 imageIndex) at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ExecuteImageEnhancers(IEnumerable`1 imageEnhancers, String inputPath, String outputPath, BaseItem item, ImageType imageType, Int32 imageIndex) at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetEnhancedImageInternal(String originalImagePath, BaseItem item, ImageType imageType, Int32 imageIndex, IImageEnhancer[] supportedEnhancers, String cacheGuid, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.GetEnhancedImage(ItemImageInfo image, List`1 imageFeatures, ImageProcessingOptions options, BaseItem item, Int32 imageIndex, IImageEnhancer[] enhancers, CancellationToken cancellationToken) Source: CoverArt TargetSite: SkiaSharp.SKBitmap Decode(System.String, Boolean, System.Nullable`1[MediaBrowser.Model.Drawing.ImageOrientation], SkiaSharp.SKEncodedOrigin ByRef) Though the task apparently succeeded with no failed items: Quote 2026-10-01 06:02:34.596 Info PreDrawPostersTask: [EmbyIcons] Pre-draw posters finished in 00:08:25: checked 157005 images on 83199 items, drew 0, failed 0. 2026-10-01 06:02:34.596 Info TaskManager: Pre-draw posters Completed after 8 minute(s) and 25 seconds Once CoverArt uninstalled, no errors, but why is cache cleared on server restart, basically throwing all the previous good work out? Quote 2026-10-01 06:07:44.750 Info TaskManager: Executing Pre-draw posters 2026-10-01 06:07:44.752 Info PreDrawPostersTask: [EmbyIcons] Pre-draw posters started (up to 4 images at a time). 2026-10-01 06:07:45.260 Info EmbyIconsEnhancer: [EmbyIcons] Clearing all cached icon image data. That resulted in another long pre-draw run (though shorter than the original initial one): Quote 2026-10-01 06:41:14.532 Info PreDrawPostersTask: [EmbyIcons] Pre-draw posters finished in 00:33:29: checked 157005 images on 83199 items, drew 146883, failed 0. 2026-10-01 06:41:14.532 Info TaskManager: Pre-draw posters Completed after 33 minute(s) and 29 seconds Subsequent run took usual ~8min: Quote 2026-10-01 06:43:05.435 Info TaskManager: Executing Pre-draw posters 2026-10-01 06:43:05.435 Info PreDrawPostersTask: [EmbyIcons] Pre-draw posters started (up to 4 images at a time). 2026-10-01 06:51:40.010 Info PreDrawPostersTask: [EmbyIcons] Pre-draw posters finished in 00:08:34: checked 157005 images on 83199 items, drew 2, failed 0. 2026-10-01 06:51:40.011 Info TaskManager: Pre-draw posters Completed after 8 minute(s) and 34 seconds 1
yocker 1991 Posted 1 hour ago Author Posted 1 hour ago 21 minutes ago, GrimReaper said: As soon as the task is run, it starts throwing CoverArt Skia errors (143 instances in this run), guess they don't play quite nice: Though the task apparently succeeded with no failed items: Once CoverArt uninstalled, no errors, but why is cache cleared on server restart, basically throwing all the previous good work out? That resulted in another long pre-draw run (though shorter than the original initial one): Subsequent run took usual ~8min: Thanks, i'll look into it. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now