Skip "Seasons" view and go right to episode list

cncb

Is there any way to skip the main seasons view for a show?  That is select a show and have it show the episode list instead of having to scroll down and select a season.  This is somewhat tedious for DVR recordings that are mostly in the same season.

• Agree 1

Not that I'm aware of.  So what you would want is a flat view off all episodes instead of being put in season folders?

GrimReaper

I don't quite get this, how would you see Show Details in that case: Plot, Cast etc.? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cayars said:

Not that I'm aware of.  So what you would want is a flat view off all episodes instead of being put in season folders?

Correct.  I record a show and then delete it when I'm done watching - I don't accumulate seasons of shows with the DVR.

Have you tried looking at the Recording tab in Live TV?  That will give you nothing but an episode view of what's been recorded.

Yes, I've seen that view but I would still like the episodes grouped by show.  Basically I would like a quicker way to get to the episodes list view for the show (that displayed when you select a season) since I almost always just have a few episodes of the recorded show. 

pwhodges

An option to go straight to the season view when there's only one season might be interesting, though.

Paul

1 hour ago, pwhodges said:

An option to go straight to the season view when there's only one season might be interesting, though.

Paul

Then you lose out on information in the series screen. I think the more modern approach would be to just all the episodes available right on the series screen without having to click through to another layer.

Hi. If the episodes are unwatched, don't you basically get this now with the "Next Up" row?

On 7/18/2021 at 8:51 AM, ebr said:

Hi. If the episodes are unwatched, don't you basically get this now with the "Next Up" row?

This is true but I keep the previous watched episode around to make sure there are no recording problems (like a skipped episode or something).  I then delete it after the new episode is recorded so I have to go the Season screen to do this.  Maybe you could add an optional watched episodes row on the series screen?