Web Client - Set EPG grid height to 100%

w84no1

w84no1

On the web client, when I go to Live TV and open the Guide, it is contained in a box and that box is scrollable. That creates 2 scrollable elements on the page and it doesn't seem as polished.  

post-868-0-71820900-1409159110_thumb.jpg

If you set 

.programGrid { height: 100%; }

That makes the grid expand to the end and gets rid of the extra scrolling.

post-868-0-31543200-1409159140_thumb.jpg

Another request would be to allow themes for the web client.  That way you drop a css file somewhere designated by MB on the server and it overrides the default styles.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

+1 to this from me.. as well as "saving" the paging control on that page so i can leave it set to my desired value of 100

• Like 1

This isn't good because the height of the grid will exceed the height of the viewport. You'll have to scroll down below the fold just get to the horizontal scrollbar. But keep trying.

w84no1

Then the viewport needs to be changed.  Every device I look at the guide on, the browser has scroll bars and has about 50-75 pixels below the guide's container with nothing in it.  This creates the double scrolling effect.  If my other request was made possible http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10008-web-client-themes/, then it could be left up to the user to decide how they want it to appear.

Thanks for looking at it.

w84no1

I found the problem.  

If I change

.page > .ui-content { padding-bottom: 120px; }

to

.page > .ui-content { padding-bottom: 0; }

it gets rid of the wasted space below the fold and thus gets rid of the browser scrolling.

maybe at some point but i generally stay away from features that target small numbers of people, and the number of people who can hand-edit css is just a tiny portion of our user base.

But i also like collaborative projects that encourage you all to work together, so if this feature could end up resulting in a separate area of fan contributions, then that would be great.

w84no1

Yes, since .ui-content is global it would affect other pages, but if it could be targeted just on that page it would fix the problem.

I plan on tearing through some of the code this weekend to try to get the web client working again on a 1st gen iPad, so I might have a look at some of the css while I am in there.

But i also like collaborative projects that encourage you all to work together, so if this feature could end up resulting in a separate area of fan contributions, then that would be great.

I think that would be exactly what you would get. w84no1 is not the first to express interest in that kind of customization.