4.4.3.0 Update to DSM 7

demon1300

I just wanted to verify you were getting a good download files.  That file in the zip I had just installed on my 920+ so I knew it worked.

This might be a strange question but are you sure you are supposed to be using the 64 Bit version for Intel and not one of the ARM versions?

@alucryd any ideas what might be going on?

sankukace
1 hour ago, cayars said:

I just wanted to verify you were getting a good download files.  That file in the zip I had just installed on my 920+ so I knew it worked.

This might be a strange question but are you sure you are supposed to be using the 64 Bit version for Intel and not one of the ARM versions?

@alucryd any ideas what might be going on?

Yes I understand. But no, I have a 64bits (918+) because before on the dsm6 I had emby 4.6.4 and everything was ok for months.
There I searched again and again but I do not think that the problem comes from the emby package but from the DSM7 ... I hope that others who have had this problem will have found a solution.
In the meantime, I made an emby linux server to troubleshoot but I want to get there on dsm7 because my emby has been on it for years :)
Thanks to you for trying anyway.

sankukace
On 7/13/2021 at 2:56 PM, demon1300 said:

image.png.0db21de15c906619755f59e3d965cef6.png

Hi.

Are you resolve your problem ? I have the same problem and i don't resolve for the moment.

DSM 7.0-41890

DS918+

Test with package official emby emby-server-synology7_4.6.3.0_x86_64.spk / emby-server-synology7_4.6.4.0_x86_64.spk and emby-server-synology7_4.7.0.3_x86_64.spk

Always 'invalid file format'.

alucryd

My best guess is this is a bug in DSM 7, synology must have missed this device and does not list it as part of the x86_64 family, its codename is apollolake. We might have to do the same as with the armv7 packages and partially roll back the changes they asked of us...

sankukace
3 hours ago, alucryd said:

My best guess is this is a bug in DSM 7, synology must have missed this device and does not list it as part of the x86_64 family, its codename is apollolake. We might have to do the same as with the armv7 packages and partially roll back the changes they asked of us...

If it's exactly, i do wait a update for DSM or for Emby.

Thanks for your help.

I will try to install Emby with Docker, it won't be as good but it is already that.

Edited by sankukace