Can't play any movies after installing DSM 7 upgrade on my DS920+ NAS

BillIsTheAdminW
Go to solution Solved by BillIsTheAdminW,

BillIsTheAdminW

I have run Emby on the older DSM 6 that Synology was using with no problems. I upgraded the DSM 7 and installed Emby with no problems. All was working fine but the next day many of my media files, mostly movies are now not working. I was leaning toward the need for a ffmpeg fix. My logs are included, Can someone with more knowledge help. I'm not sure how to upgrade the codec.  

I know that my media file are fine because they play well on another dlna server I have. 

Thank you for the help

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-117a76b7-b093-4bab-b8ad-48a3bdaf7640_1.txt

Edited by Abobader
Shorting the title

double check your permissions:

/volume1/Media Server/All Movies/Black.Widow.2021/Black.Widow.2021.1080p.WEB.H264-TIMECUT.mkv: No such file or directory

after update you have to give the systemuser emby at least read-permissions to your mediafiles.

BillIsTheAdminW

Hey alex8127378

I have attempted to does what you said, I double checked my permissions. In the passes I remember doing just what you said. Right now I for some reason do not have an Emby user or group to provide these permissions to. I tried to recreate the Emby user but it says that it already exists. ???????. Do you know how I can recover this Emby user or group simply? In the meantime I will be working on it myself.

Thanks

• Solution
BillIsTheAdminW

Hey alex8127378

I unfortunately saw the instructions after I upgraded the DSM to 7. I think when I attempted to use the instructions after the fact I may have deleted the Emby user profile. I'll keep working on it. 

Thanks

Happy2Play

@cayars is the issue this step?

- From Control Panel go to Shared Folder and edit each share that is used by Emby Server.  Click the share, then EDIT, go to permission tab, select internal system user from drop down,
grant emby user read/write access.
- add emby user and emby group to your shared media folder in Synology 
- start Emby

• Like 2

FrostByte

Sounds like it.   However, from the permissions tab you have to click the drop down arrow and select "System internal user" and give the new internal emby user read/write permissions.  Just a small typo

• Like 1