Movie library it automatically adds allow access to it for all users. Anyway to prevent this please?

ng4ever

Happy2Play

If users already have access to all libraries Emby will not deny new library/folders.

Not if user already has restricted access, new folders should not be automatically allows (but have not tested every variable).  Or am I misunderstanding?

ng4ever
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

If users already have access to all libraries Emby will not deny new library/folders.

Not if user already has restricted access, new folders should not be automatically allows (but have not tested every variable).  Or am I misunderstanding?

I only allow access to specific subfolders.

Whenever I add a new subfolder all users get access to it. :(

I think you understood well. Not 100% sure sorry.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, ng4ever said:

Should I post a screenshot or not necessary ?

It may help fully understand.

ng4ever

620652559_EmbyLibrary.thumb.jpg.c80aceef216d80b4aa4c58465496e89b.jpg

For example if I would of just added let say a new sub folder called Dan Movies (just for pretend or an example) it would of allowed all Emby users access to that sub folder.

Happy2Play

With quick test if user has Access restrictions a New Library will be denied.  But adding folders to Existing Libraries will not be denied.

@Lukeis there a way around this so added folders are denies also like new Libraries for users with Access restrictions?

• Like 1

Yes, configure the access permissions manually for each user, then it will be opt in 

ng4ever
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, configure the access permissions manually for each user, then it will be opt in 

Can you explain a little please? Sorry.

Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

No adding folder does not do the same as adding a library.  IE the library is already opted in and the new added folder is not opted out.

• Like 1

Sorry I was thinking of the library. I guess there is currently no way to do this.

• Thanks 1

ng4ever
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Sorry I was thinking of the library. I guess there is currently no way to do this.

It is ok. No problem. Thanks for trying! Maybe in the future there will be a way!

In the above picture this is just a new additional mount point for a library correct?  Any user with access to that library will get access to the contents of any new folder/mount point added.

You can change this for users however using
https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001160108-folder-based-access-control

I hope I understood the issue correctly!