Recording planning

MAX92

They are in his previous screen shots but in French :).  I think it says record all...

• Thanks 1

Yes I remember that now as I used google translate to see what each option said. :)

• Haha 1

How about the option to not record episodes already in your library?  Is that set?

MAX92

image.thumb.png.83843c885cb5cc0bb6d6874e27d37bfe.png

@ebrAs you can see, the option "Ne pas enregistrer les épisodes déjà présents dans ma médiathèque" or "Do not save episodes already in my media library"  is not check, so all episode must be recorded.

I'm at a loss - unless maybe "record all episodes" doesn't really mean all but all different episodes and these all have either the same episode number or no episode number so the system thinks they are the same broadcast.

@cayars can you confirm exactly how that option behaves in relation to the exact same episode airing more than once?

8 minutes ago, ebr said:

@cayars can you confirm exactly how that option behaves in relation to the exact same episode airing more than once?

I've never thought it did exactly what the description says it does.  For example people have reported for years even with record all episodes turned on if they have two entries in the EPG that appear to be the same Emby will record only the first.

So it appears Emby is "trying" to be smart and record "all episodes" but not what it thinks are dupes (even if they aren't dupes).

News broadcasts can do this such as "evening news" that's on at both 6 and 11 will record only once,  sporting events that change channel to finish the event mid way through the broadcast but have the same EPG, some cartoons/shows without season/episode info all do this and record only the first one but all/every broadcast.

This works great a lot of time but we've always needed an override that really does mean record everything regardless.

22 hours ago, MAX92 said:

@ebr : remember that all "Vu" are recording every day. It's only a "problem" in planning screen.

But that screen matches what the individual schedule shows too so there isn't really a bug here but, rather, a problem with data and the default behavior of the recording engine.

If the data were all correct, then  you wouldn't want the DVR to keep recording the same episode over and over again but, unfortunately, the data aren't always correct.  So, we probably need an additional check mark there of "Record even duplicates" and, perhaps, have the engine record all episodes that have NO episode information instead of treating those as the same (if that's what it is doing now).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Do you have some news because it is very difficult to know if a episode will be recorded or not. And sometimes, I have not recorded even if EMBY must recorded all episode.

• 8 months later...
MAX92
On 9/1/2021 at 5:19 PM, Luke said:

This should be improved with the next release of the server. Thanks.

@Luke Hello Luke, do you have some news ?

Regards

This should be improved with the next release of the server. Thanks.