Emby Connect Does Not Connect

EmbyKirkhams

EmbyKirkhams

Try as I may, I cannot get a remote connection to Emby.  I am a premier licensed person.

I have opened remote connections to server.  I port-forwarded a Ubiquiti router on 8096 and 8920 to the IP of the Synology Server that Emby server on my network (I do not know of a different IP for Emby Server other than the Synology machine hosting it).  Although I do not like to open UPNP I tired that too and then turned it off again.  Restarted Emby, restarted router. Main username has a second Emby Connect user and shares main user password.  External access for that user is on.

When I launch iPhone app WITH WiFi off, using cellular, the Select Server screen appears with my Server name (Synology-Home) and a cellular three bar icon box above it, Add Server with a plus icon above it, Sign in with Emby Connect with a folder icon above it and a fourth Downloads with a folder icon above it.  I choose Sign in with Emby connect and it spins and seems to connect, but returns to the same screen with the four choices.  I assume I should then choose the Synology-Home so I do so.  It spins for a while and then displays Connection Failure (please ensure server is running).

Solution?

Hi there, have you tried adding a new server connection by entering the server address manually to see how that compares?

EmbyKirkhams

Tried that with wifi off on iOS device.  Tried external IP to create new server: won't do it. Tried embyconnect server name, which I am guessing is the embyconnect username inserted in the host field as https://EmbyConnectUserName.com

@EmbyKirkhams it sounds like you need to setup remote connectivity in your network environment. I would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !