No Compatible Streams

halosfan87
Go to solution Solved by Carlo,

halosfan87

DS118 running DSM 6.2.4-25556. Receiving No Compatible Streams Message when attempting to play any media file. Tried updating to emby-server-synology_4.7.0.3_armv8, which is the beta, and which successfully installed but I continue to receive the error. Server log attached. Please and thanks for any help. Very frustrated. 

embyserver.txt

Hi, you have several errors in your log similar to:
Could not find a part of the path '/var/services/homes/embysvr/plex/Babe (1995)/Babe.1995.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.mp4'.

That would seem to indicate you have a permission problem.  Please check to make sure the emby user has full read/write privs to any location you have media stored.

halosfan87
4 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, you have several errors in your log similar to:
Could not find a part of the path '/var/services/homes/embysvr/plex/Babe (1995)/Babe.1995.720p.BluRay.x264.YIFY.mp4'.

That would seem to indicate you have a permission problem.  Please check to make sure the emby user has full read/write privs to any location you have media stored.

Thanks for getting back to me. I looked at my permissions and this is what I see. It's the same for my other files that aren't playing as well. 

Screenshot 2021-07-06 8.51.41 AM.png

DSM 6 correct?

I'm confused looking at /homes/emby/plex  LOL

halosfan87
3 minutes ago, cayars said:

DSM 6 correct?

I'm confused looking at /homes/emby/plex  LOL

DSM 6.2.4-2555. I originally had plex. Okay so I went onto synology and made sure everything had full permission. It's still not working. Not sure what to do now. 

I don't know if I will see anything or not but I'd be happy to remote in if you like via AnyDesk and help you take a look.
If you want to do this send me a PM.

halosfan87

That'd be great. I also notice when I try to download through emby it says Failed - no file. 

Do you have any time available tomorrow or later tonight?

I got swamped. :)

halosfan87
2 minutes ago, cayars said:

I could do tonight at 8:30PM PDT or tomorrow at 4PM PDT? 

halosfan87
6 hours ago, halosfan87 said:

I could do tonight at 8:30PM PDT or tomorrow at 4PM PDT? 

6 hours ago, cayars said:

Are you available now? 

halosfan87

Shoot this is frustrating. Why would this stop working all of a sudden? Makes no sense. I have no clue how to even begin working this problem. Can someone please help me? 

Sorry, I was offline (sleeping).  Anytime today would be fine.  You mentioned 4pm PDT which would be fine.

If you would like to do it earlier that would be fine as well.

Sometime before our scheduled time, download and install AnyDesk from www.anydesk.com.

I will need the ID that shows up on launch.  When I connect you will need to approve the connection and at that point we will start out in chat.

Do NOT post that info here in the forum but instead click on my username and send it to me as a message.

Edited by cayars

halosfan87

EVERYONE. Listen up. Cayars is a god among mortals. He was able to remote in, wave his magic wand, and fix all my problems. I'm not sure I can accurately describe what was really wrong except the library was pointing at a place that didn't really exist. I am seriously impressed. Thank you so much. 

Edited by halosfan87
  • Thanks 1

• Solution

It's our pleasure to help you and glad we got you fixed up!

Edited by cayars