Updated to DSM 7 successfully keeping all my data but now can't readd my movie, tv show, and video directory to Emby :(

ng4ever

ng4ever

No subfolders ever appear in Movies, tv shows, or videos directory when there is some after adding them in a emby library path. I know it has to do something with permissions but can't figure out what :(

Please help if possible. Thanks.

FrostByte

Sounds like it's permissions issue.

For each Shared Folder you're using with Emby click...Edit...Permissions.    Then change the drop down to "System internal user" and give read/write permissions to "emby" there.

• Like 2

ng4ever
4 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Sounds like it's permissions issue.

For each Shared Folder you're using with Emby click...Edit...Permissions.    Then change the drop down to "System internal user" and give read/write permissions to "emby" there.

Worked thanks!

• Like 2

unisoft

4.6.4 applied OK for me on DSM 7 (with Emby for DSM7 4.6.3). Assumed a small bug fix release, don't usually apply till release notes...

Was fairly quick to apply.

• Like 1

You won't have a problem with that.  But in general to keep instructions straight and to the point without bringing in other factors I try to tell the person to use the same version for the migration, then update after if needed. Or do the upgrade on the old setup first to match what you will use on the new one.  That way is the exact same version.  

I wouldn't want to try 4.5 to 4.6 for example during a migration.  That could get interesting to say the least. :)

• Agree 1