CoverArt: Trick to having treatments applied to Home Videos & Photos !?

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hi all,

Is there a trick to having 'Treatments' applied to profiles setup specifically for Home Videos & Photos? Obviously, I'm asking because mine aren't! 😆 It's probably to do with how I have things setup. Is there a KB / wiki article for how to use CoverArt perchance? I did have a bit of a look but clearly I was not searching on the right terms as I didn't find anything helpful or useful - sorry.

Anyhow, so you know what I'm doing, I have two extra Profiles setup on the landing page of CoverArt...

Actually - before I go on -  just so I can put my OCD at ease, is it "CoverArt" or is it "Cover Art" !? !?
The plugin banner, plugin title and in places on the landing page of the plugin within Emby Server Settings, seems to indicate the former, but as soon as clicking into the plugin, the latter is used as the heading and is also used within the KB ... just asking! 😉

... Yes, anyway, one Profile points to my Home Videos and the other points to my Photos. Presently, both are setup the same, with the exception of Treatments:

• Options = Turned off - 'Cover by...' + 'Use container...' + 'Use original...'; Turned on - 'Enhance banners' + 'Put oldest...'
  • Treatments = [Home Videos] Folder and Media Folder set to 'Border', all others set to 'Ignore' [Photos] Folder and Media Folder set to 'Polaroid', all others set to 'Ignore'
  • Specific Covers = None set, defaults also deleted
  • Indicator Overlays = All 'Overlay Style' set to NONE

I have both libraries setup within the User Account on the app to go to 'Folders' for these libraries, so I was expecting to see some magic happen on these libraries, but so far, nothing - and I have also "Refresh Metadata > Replace all metadata (selected) > replace exisintg images (checked)" a couple of times now.

Edit: Oh, oops, forgot to add, both my Home Videos and Photos libraries are individual libraries as well. That is to say, I have one (1) library setup for Home Videos and it is setup to not show photos and I have another separate library setup for Photos and it is setup to not show video files.

So yeah, ahhhh, what am I doing wrong ??

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

Edited by Dodgy Bob
Extra info!

Hi.  CoverArt doesn't support treatments for photos at all.  This is for performance/memory reasons because most photos are very high resolution (compared to metadata images).

It will treat the thumbs for home videos but may or may not recognize a folder within a home videos library.

• Thanks 1

Dodgy Bob

Ahhhh, OK then, I was not aware of that.

Thanks @ebr

I'll have a play with the 'thumbs' at least and see where I end up from there then.