Music CD content is not displayed on Android TV

IsHome

IsHome

Music CD content is not displayed on Android TV app Emby 2.0.0.9g.
The CD in the library 'Specials_HM' (mixed content) is titled 'Keeping Faith (Un Bore Mercher) - Series 3' and has 6 mp3 titles.
On an app on Android Phone or Firefox browser on Laptop or app on an IPad, the mp3 titles do show.
The MP3 content of another CD in the same library is visible on Android TV app Emby 2.0.0.9g

embyserver_01072021_2047.txt

Hi.  Music is not supported in the "Mixed Content" library type.  You would want to set that library to type "Music".

• Agree 1

Mixed Content type library is more for a mix of movies and shows which can be handy for documentaries and things like that.

IsHome

Hi @ebr and @cayars,

That library

That library has mixed content of mp3 and mkv files.
Another library with the same mixed content even has 23 CDs with all content shown.
I understand your answers, but I still have the following questions:
- why are the contents of other CDs in similar libraries shown?
- why is the intended content shown on NOT Android TV environments/apps?

In other words: why is the content of that single CD not shown, is there anything to be found in the log file?

Try this for us.  Change the library type to Music.  You can do this following these directions:

IsHome

Hi @cayars

I have Emby (4.6.4.0) running in a Synology/Docker environment.
But I also have an Emby (4.7.0.3 beta) test environment running in a Synology/Docker environment on a separate server.
So no Emby on Windows.
That's why I didn't do what you suggested right away but instead I created the same library with mixed content in the test environment.
Added the aforementioned CD and logged in to the test environment on an Android TV with the Emby app (2.0.09g) and opened the relevant folder.
The contents of the CD can be seen and played in this test environment.
I'm going to assume for now that Emby 4.6.4.0 handles the mixed content differently than Emby 4.7.0.3 beta
My question remains why in Emby 4.6.4.0 the contents of the CD can be seen/played with other emby apps and/or browser/Firefox than with the Android TV app (2.0.09g) that does not allow this.
Is this perhaps caused by the Emby Android app?

It's probably more the disc layout that helped in the test environment but those two versions of the server are nearly identical.

On Synology you would need to SSH in to get to the file but other than that is no different to fixing/correcting the library type which you should do on your main system.
Then you'll notice your music should work better as you would expect.

IsHome

Hi @cayars,

Thanks for your reply but......

> It's probably more the disc layout that helped in the test environment but those two versions of the server are nearly identical.
Please excuse me but I'm probably starting to get annoying to you.
I'm left with the following question: Why can I see and play the contents of the CD with an Emby app on an Android phone, Emby app on an iPhone, Emby app on an IPad, Firefox browser on a Windows laptop, etc. but NOT with the Emby app on the Android TV??
Somewhere between the latter and the
(4.6.4.0) server, a bit has clearly fallen over.

> On Synology you would need to SSH in to get to the file but other than that is no different to fixing/correcting the library type which you should do on your main system.
> Then you'll notice your music should work better as you would expect.
Changing the library type on Synology with SSH won't be a problem, but why should I do that?
If I change the type to Music what happens to the recognition, playback, etc. of the video files?
The music is now properly displayed, the video files are also fine.
Only that one CD gives the reported problem :(

By the way, that library with mixed content is also only for 'special' sound and/or video files for my self..
For the the family the Movies, Series and Audio CDs are located in separate libraries.
So if it's okay with you, I don't think we should spend any more time on this 'little problem'.

It's possible it might work in some apps but mixed content is not meant for music so the Android TV app is likely having issues because of that.  I really can't comment on that other than what ebr already mentioned above.

The reason to use SSH to grab the file, edit and put it back is to change the music library to type Music so that all apps and the server know it's proper content type so you don't have these types of glitches. So music in a mixed content library isn't supported.

When you use a Music library type the server will pull all the meta data from the files themselves so you have complete control over the audio files by editing their tags with a program such as mp3tag.

IsHome

Hi @cayars,

We're not going to spend any more time on this.
This ticket may be closed.
Thank you for the support, explanation and patience.
Have a nice day and a nice weekend :)

IsHome

Hi @Luke,

On my Emby (beta) test server I have set up the same library and placed the same Audio CD in it. I can now play the CD with the Emby Android TV app.
That's fine by me.
See my last comment on the ticket.
 We're not going to spend any more time on this, this ticket may be closed.
Thank you for the support on this.
Have a nice day and a nice weekend :)

• Thanks 1