German (foreign) articles / sorting library

HansWurst
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

HansWurst

Hello,

I have the same problem which is reported and solved here:

Can anyone tell me, where to find and modify this file on my synology NAS running emby server?

I want emby to ignore german articles like it does with english ones. I.e.: German title "Die neun Pforten" should be under "N" like the English title "The ninth gate".

At the moment it is sorted in by d for all German articles (as it would be all under t with English articles) so a very large range is sorted in under "D".

Thanks .

• Solution
Happy2Play

The system.xml is in your Emby Datapath shown in your Log or on the Dashboard Path section.

/volume1/Emby/config

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HansWurst

Yes and it works. I shutted down the server, modified the file (added the lines for articles) and saved it. After restarting the server and reading in media the sorting is as I want it.

What happens when the file is modified when Emby server is running? One time I forgot to shut it down, it seems to run without problems so far.

Likely won't cause a problem but the Server could overwrite your changes on shutdown so you'd have to redo them.

• Thanks 1

HansWurst

Ah, ok, didn't happen. It looks good. Love it. Emby really is a great media server, worth every pence I paid for it. 😉

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HansWurst said:

Ah, ok, didn't happen. It looks good. Love it. Emby really is a great media server, worth every pence I paid for it. 😉

Thanks for the feedback !

HansWurst

One more question. I noticed the arcticles are not ignored within movie collections.

I.e "Der Herr der Ringe" -Trilogy appears under "D", not under "H". Is there a workaround? Thanks.

On 7/2/2021 at 4:02 AM, HansWurst said:

One more question. I noticed the arcticles are not ignored within movie collections.

I.e "Der Herr der Ringe" -Trilogy appears under "D", not under "H". Is there a workaround? Thanks.

Hi, try editing the sort title of the collection and see if that helps. thanks.

HansWurst

Hi Luke, 

yes that worked. A little bit of manual work. ;-) 

Anyway emby ignores the English articles in movie collections without problems. 

I. e. the title of "The Dark Knight" collection is not trsnslated to German. It is "The Dark Knight" - Filmreihe and I find it below the "D". "The" is ignored for sorting.