Customise "My Media" on the Home Screen on nVidia Shield TV Pro

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hi folks,

Quick question, just as the subject says, is it possible to customise the "My Media" rows on the Home Screen at all? As in...

1. If I'm using the "My Media" row, instead of listing my libraries alphabetically, which it does at the moment, can I move Movies to the beginning and then TV, etc. etc.
    or
  2. If I'm using the "My Media (Small)" row, can I customise those 'buttons', make them colourful or add a different image or anything to them

Thanks for any pointers, maybe I've just forgotten how to do things! It's been ages since I've started fresh and have had to set things up from the very beginning again  😆

Edit: Version of app is 1.8.24g

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

Edited by Dodgy Bob
Add app version

FrostByte

ATV lists the libraries on the Home Screen in the same order as the webclient for that user.  There is no way within the app itself to change the order so you will have to use the server.  .  The only difference is that in TV mode most Emby apps will list them in columns vs rows.

• Like 2

Hi.  As Frostbyte mentioned, you can use the web app to arrange the order of your libraries.  Press your user icon upper right and select "Home Screen".  This will carry over to all apps for that user.

5 hours ago, Dodgy Bob said:

If I'm using the "My Media (Small)" row, can I customise those 'buttons', make them colourful or add a different image or anything to them

The small buttons don't have images at all and there is currently no way to customize the colors.  However, different themes will use different base colors for these buttons.

• Like 3

Dodgy Bob

Thanks @FrostByte and @ebr - I had totally forgotten about and missed the "Library Order" feature/option within the User's settings through the web app.

I totally missed it initially, as I did all of my configuring of the server and users first before creating my libraries, so it didn't catch my eye - oops! 😳

Sorry 'bout that, got it now though and am fixing up as I like 👍

• Like 1