Add library from a second synology unit

Bigmack3000

Bigmack3000

I upgraded 2 drives in my 8 bay.  I put the two old drives into a ds220j.  This is where I plan to store my music.  How do I add the files in this 2nd unit to emby?  Do i have to install emby on the 2nd unit as well?

Hi, no you can use a remote shared folder.

From you 8 drive unit where you have Emby Server installed go to File Station.

Go to Tools menu and select the Mount Remote Folder.  You can use either CIFS or NFS but most likely will use CIFS.

image.png.0952fa674e71a393b069a1fb677c394e.png

This will bring up a screen similar to
image.png.8601f48655ba6da0c96d772876849f7f.png

Once you create this Mount you will have a new shared on your main system that points to the ds200j and you'll be able to add this new mount directly to Emby Server.

Let us know if you have any problems.

image.png

Bigmack3000

Great, thanks!  This worked.  

Now, how would I go about creating a second emby library just for my music?  I would prefer for my movie files and my music files to be in separate libraries.  So that if I go to Movies I don't see any tabs for music, and vice versa.  Is this possible?

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, Bigmack3000 said:

Great, thanks!  This worked.  

Now, how would I go about creating a second emby library just for my music?  I would prefer for my movie files and my music files to be in separate libraries.  So that if I go to Movies I don't see any tabs for music, and vice versa.  Is this possible?

Something does not sound right here as Movies will not show Music.  Can you show a screenshot of this and one for Library content type.

Bigmack3000

I attached an image of what I'm seeing.  Right now it appears as a tab along with all of my movies.  I would love if I could have All my movies show up as a library, and then have a separate library solely for music with no movie tabs.  Is this possible?

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 2.41.16 PM.png

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Bigmack3000 said:

I attached an image of what I'm seeing.  Right now it appears as a tab along with all of my movies.  I would love if I could have All my movies show up as a library, and then have a separate library solely for music with no movie tabs.  Is this possible?

Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 2.41.16 PM.png

Sorry I do not understand as you have a Movie Library and Music Library in that image.  So all movies are in Movies and all Music is in Music.

Bigmack3000

Sorry if I'm not describing it properly.  Essentially, if I bring this up on another system, a tv connected to my sonos network for example, the only thing even accessible from that library is my music.  Where the homepage is only music.  The next up, currently listening to, suggestions, etc are just music, and not cluttered with my current tv shows and movies.  

Would this maybe be possible by creating a new user with access only to the music library?

Happy2Play
50 minutes ago, Bigmack3000 said:

Would this maybe be possible by creating a new user with access only to the music library?

Yes you would have to have a user resticted/allowed that specific library via user Access.

Can you show/tell us what paths you have mounted for each of your libs?

Bigmack3000

For movies, There is a folder at the base of my 8 bay labled "Movies". Then everything is organized within that.  

For music, I'm now sharing the drive from the 2-bay into a folder at the base of the 8-bay labeled "Music".

13 hours ago, Bigmack3000 said:

For movies, There is a folder at the base of my 8 bay labled "Movies". Then everything is organized within that.  

For music, I'm now sharing the drive from the 2-bay into a folder at the base of the 8-bay labeled "Music".

Your movie folder only contains movies correct?  It doesn't have music or tv shows in it correct?

Same with your music folder on the 2 bay?

Bigmack3000

The Movies is split into a movies folder and a  tv shows folder, but contains no music.

The music has only music.

Please show us a screen shot of your library setup (right side panel) from the library menu in web admin.

Bigmack3000

I access my synology through a mac.  Do you mean through Finder?

This is the music library on the 2-bay:

1892494588_ScreenShot2021-06-27at7_10_52PM.png.89d6909874e7e03a90af5e27e7fd11ee.png

This is the 8-bay:

567722711_ScreenShot2021-06-27at7_11_18PM.png.002f2f226700e2fb2958b60d8df6ff3f.png

The Movies, TV Shows are the folders for that library.  The Music folder there is the one I'm forwarding over from the 2-bay.

Yes, that looks fine.

Did you verify the user you're using on the TV has access to all 5 libs?

Users->pickuser->access tab