Is it ok to move Emby Premiere lifetime from one old NAS to a new NAS ?

ng4ever
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

ng4ever

If it is ok. How do you do it if the device died ?

Edited by Abobader
Again shorting the title

• Solution

Hi.  Yes.  Simply put your key in the new machine the same way you did the old one.

Thanks.

ng4ever
Just now, ebr said:

Hi.  Yes.  Simply put your key in the new machine the same way you did the old one.

Thanks.

Thank you!

Good to know for the future!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
ng4ever

Just wanted to say glad a lifetime key is forever no matter what device you use. New or old. The only thing to remember is one key per a device server of course!

5 hours ago, ng4ever said:

Just wanted to say glad a lifetime key is forever no matter what device you use. New or old. The only thing to remember is one key per a device server of course!

You can use the same key on multiple servers (I use it for both my Synology and Windows servers), but keep in mind devices are tracked across all servers with that key.

The same 10 devices using Premiere features connected to both servers or either of them is still 10 devices. 10 unique devices connected to server A using Premiere features and 10 different devices doing the same on Server B would be 20 devices.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 1

ng4ever
9 hours ago, cayars said:

You can use the same key on multiple servers (I use it for both my Synology and Windows servers), but keep in mind devices are tracked across all servers with that key.

The same 10 devices using Premiere features connected to both servers or either of them is still 10 devices. 10 unique devices connected to server A using Premiere features and 10 different devices doing the same on Server B would be 20 devices.

Hope that helps.

Helps a lot.

I had no idea you were allowed to do this. Amazing.

• Like 1