Emby Server not scraping movie info

tixx

Hi,

Running Emby server v4.4.3.0-1 on a Synology NAS and have noticed lately its not pulling down any movie info. When i try and manually identify the movie using the imdb or moviedb movie IDs I just get a blank screen:

image.thumb.png.f85430c62d4f3285c22f359c2ad39b5f.png

error log shows something like this:

2021-06-26 00:00:51.967 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager GET: https://private.omdbapi.com?apikey=fe53f97e&plot=full&r=json&s=somemovie&type=movie
2021-06-26 00:00:53.492 Error HttpClient: Error TrustFailure getting response from
    *** Error Report ***

This used to work fine up until recently, but for some reason lately its not.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi, Could be an update to DSM that now has caused an SSL Trust error.

You're running an older server version and several releases behind the current version so the first thing I'd do is upgrade Emby to the latest version and if you still have issues post a server log file for us to take a look at.

Edited by cayars

Yes the fix is to update to a newer version of Emby Server.  For Synology you can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/download

Please make sure to go to our website as the Synology install process has changed. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

thanks guys, the update seems to have fixed it. Emby plugin for Kodi is not updating / syncing the library at all now though. Will need to check for an update for it

On 7/2/2021 at 7:14 AM, tixx said:

thanks guys, the update seems to have fixed it. Emby plugin for Kodi is not updating / syncing the library at all now though. Will need to check for an update for it

HI, yes I would make sure to install the latest version of that, and if you still have an issue, then please create a topic in the Kodi section of our community:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/99-kodi/

Thanks.

justplaincoreyw

I have the latest version of Emby (4.6.4.0) and I am experiencing the same behavior as OP for a movie I know has an IMDB #.

The movie is a documentary "Vice Versa: Chyna", IMDB # tt14783560

I have tried adding it as a Movie and a TV Show but both scrape attempts show a black screen like in the first post.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks,
Corey

Hi, keep in mind IMDB itself is not used.  It can be used as a query because the other meta-data providers will have it as a reference field.  But that doesn't mean they will have any meta-data for that IMDB id.

What you can do is search each meta-data provider that you have enabled in Emby to see if any of them have a listing.

justplaincoreyw

I did check IMDB and there is a listing there. How do I enable more than one meta-data provider in Emby?

But as stated IMDB is not configured in any of your libraries as it's not used by Emby.  You would need to look and check the metadata providers you have enabled in your library.

ng4ever

Trying going back to previous. That worked for me.

Still not sure what was wrong. It drives me crazy not knowing exactly what the cause of it was.

The weirdest thing is just for a test I tried Plex and jellyfin and they worked fixing it. Though I prefer Emby.

justplaincoreyw

No, the issue persists. I will attempt to go back a version or two of Emby when it worked properly.

ng4ever
1 minute ago, justplaincoreyw said:

No, the issue persists. I will attempt to go back a version or two of Emby when it worked properly.

I thought it fixed it for me but I had to figure something else out. This helped me. Try it if you want.