Wiping the slate clean: Anything other than uninstall needed?

Dodgy Bob

Dodgy Bob

Hi folks,

I just want to make sure that I am completely and utterly and most assuredly starting from a clean slate, so after running 'Uninstall' from within Package Center, are there any other folders or left over bits that need to be deleted or cleaned or wiped from the DSM FileSystem for Emby?

I've uninstalled, I've deleted the share and I've deleted the user. So yeah, anything else? I've checked /var/packages and /volume1/@appstore and there is nothing in those folders that stands out. Anything else tucked away somewhere? Oh, there is a lone file in /volume1/@appstore called "@EmbyServer.core.gz" - should that still be there or will that affect anything?

Reason being, I just want to make sure that a new installation of Emby is not going to pick up any old data or info, at all and incorporate that into the new install. I just want the new install to be as though I was installing Emby for the first time ever is all  😁

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

Hi, you may have to delete the server's data folder, the path to which is printed near the top of the log file. Make a note of that path and then take a look at it after the uninstall. Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Dodgy Bob

Hey @Luke

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

After reviewing the log file after the uninstall, every path referenced in the first 15 lines is gone after completing those three actions.

2021-06-25 17:11:25.428 Info Main: Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll
2021-06-25 17:11:26.150 Info Main: Emby
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /volume1/Emby -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /volume1/Emby/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology_{version}_x86_64.spk
	Operating system: Linux version 3.10.105 (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP Thu Mar 18 12:57:43 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /volume1/Emby
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
2021-06-25 17:11:26.151 Info Main: PID file: /volume1/Emby/EmbyServer.pid
2021-06-25 17:11:26.269 Info App: Application version: 4.6.3.0
2021-06-25 17:11:26.274 Info App: Loading assemblies
2021-06-25 17:11:26.337 Info App: File /volume1/Emby/plugins/Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll has version 1.0.38.0
2021-06-25 17:11:26.338 Info App: File /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/plugins/Emby.Server.CinemaMode.dll has version 1.0.38.0

Logging in with root via WinSCP, I couldn't find...

• /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer
  • /volume1/Emby
  • /var/packages/EmbyServer

So, yeah, as best as I can see, an uninstall through Package Center, then deleting the Shared Folder ("Emby") and User ("emby") from within Control Panel does the trick, nothing else is left.

Thanking you kind sir.

Kind regards,
Dodgy Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2