Actors are decapitated

generiq

generiq
3 hours ago, ebr said:

But that is the image you are complaining about.  It is a "Spotlight" movie - just like the Xbox example posted here. 

Did you see my mockup? No bonus/spotlight movie. For me, that tile is only about having rolling images, to give the page an aesthetic lift. I'm willing to bet that very few people, if any, actually use that to play a movie. I certainly don't. But anyway, Luke took my first suggestion, proving me correct, in that it was an easy and affective adjustment. I think the bottom three tiles could still be a little smaller, but baby steps I guess.

21 hours ago, generiq said:

Did you see my mockup? No bonus/spotlight movie

Okay, so now you are asking us to redesign the information being shown not just how it is shown.  That is valid and noted as a request but it wasn't the design goal of this presentation.  This screen was designed to mimic similar presentations in other products at the time (mostly Microsoft back then) and a large part of the presentation was this "Spotlight" item.

generiq
3 hours ago, ebr said:

Okay, so now you are asking us to redesign the information being shown not just how it is shown.  That is valid and noted as a request but it wasn't the design goal of this presentation.  This screen was designed to mimic similar presentations in other products at the time (mostly Microsoft back then) and a large part of the presentation was this "Spotlight" item.

That was an after thought, but it would be nice. My main gripe was to not cut the actor's heads off. Otherwise there's no point in using that image. Call me crazy, but I'm not overly fascinated with their torsos. The general layout is still my preference, but some elements should be updated and/or made optional.

• 2 weeks later...
generiq

This is definitely an improvement, and I quite like it. But, it isn't perfect, as you can see, below. When there's a title....

Cutoff.thumb.png.631e0d52bd5790ab2409f091e05a5b84.png