Android Box-- Play Local Media Only

GaryDZ

GaryDZ

Is there a way to use Emby in an Android Box to play only local media--Music/Videos saved to an external hard drive?   I would like to set up a box for use at a mountain house that does not have internet.  

Hi, You could install Emby Server on the Android Box and use it that way.

However, to check on app registration and/or premiere status if being used will require Internet access once a week or so for a brief period of time.

GaryDZ

Thanks for responding...    I did that, but I can not figure out how to get the server to see the external USB hard drive. 

I tried everything I could think of.

I can use android VLC media player to access the drive, but I prefer the Emby interface. 

GaryDZ

Thanks...

I figured it out with your question and help...

The drive showed up as /storage/A8DE729......        No idea when they got the name A8DE......  but that is it.

5 minutes ago, GaryDZ said:

Thanks...

I figured it out with your question and help...

The drive showed up as /storage/A8DE729......        No idea when they got the name A8DE......  but that is it.

Thanks for the feedback !

GaryDZ

Thanks For your help...

I might be back with more question....  I am going to poke around a while before I become a pest.  

I now have it where it sees the movies on the hard drive and pulls in all the normal screens and details I am used to in Windows, 

But it is not playing them???.   The Blue Circle spins a second (like it is loading), but disappears and does not play.  Just takes me back to the screen Play, Trailer, Download, played, favorite, delete . 

GaryDZ

I have not been able to figure it out.... The menus for movies looks like everything is setup correct.   The files are AVI format... Emby Movie screen shows Video as 480p MPEG4 with Audio Und AC3 5.1.  I am able to view the movie format on my Emby in windows and I can view the movie format on the Android box using VLC video.

It has to be a setting, but I can not find it.  Any ideas?

And Thanks Again.

GaryDZ

Thanks again.... I think I figured out the problem.  My Android Box might be too slow to do it.  I got it to work once, but it was real choppy.  

I am just going to use VLC to keep it simple.