Xbox One Missing in Devices

JonnyLH

JonnyLH

First of all, awesome piece of software! Really like it.

I've installed media browser on a remote linux server and everything is working well. Although, I mostly want to watch my stuff on the big TV with my Xbox One and it's missing.

I can imagine this being more complicated remotely? So I downloaded the app on my phone, hoping that when I hit play to, my X1 will pop up and I can stream my stuff to it but it's not there. Although, if I want to use PlayTo on my laptop normally outside of MediaBrowser, that works fine with the X1. Is this due to it being hosted remotely?

Even when I try to access the browser by IE on the X1, it says "Application Not Supported" (Edit: Forgot http infront but nothing is playing due to it thinking it's IE11 and there MKVs.)

In addition, I've got the WP app and on some shows it doesn't load up the episode details and shows blank screens.

Edited by JonnyLH

what do you mean hosted remotely? ultimately MBS needs to be able to reach your Xbox one within your home network

JonnyLH

what do you mean hosted remotely? ultimately MBS needs to be able to reach your Xbox one within your home network

Yeah, just realised that the app wont work ass a hop for it to play within my internal network. It's a non-issue though now as I can watch the content on IE on the X1. Media Browser is on an external server of mine which holds all my content. I can use PlayTo when the Xbox is on the browser so the only added step is clicking the pin I've got on my home screen.

Edited by JonnyLH