Black Screen on 4k

meLIanTQ

meLIanTQ

Hi,

when start a 4k movie on a TV 4k it work fine but when start on a 1080p TV … black screen or stutter movies. 

issue: mibox s, GoogleTV chromecast, firetv stick lite.

a firetv stick 4k work fine and no issue.

pwhodges

So, it's direct streaming OK, but when it needs to transcode, it's too slow, it seems.  Do you have hardware transcoding enabled; what CPU and GPU does your server have?

Paul

meLIanTQ

The movie is direct play. Same movie but not the same tv (4k TV vs old 1080p TV)

in nerd stats the movie is in direct play but black screen on 1080p tv and it's ok on 4k tv

meLIanTQ

No log on server because direct play.

but 3 devices with the bug.

It’s not a new bug. It's been several months since it's been going on.

mibox s after android 9 update, Google TV since unboxed. Firetv stick lite unboxed today.

I also have a SHIELD TV. I'll test as soon as I can.

atv4k and firetv stick 4k ok

edit: SHIELD Tv play fine

Edited by meLIanTQ

vdatanet
45 minutes ago, meLIanTQ said:

but 3 devices with the bug.

It’s not a new bug. It's been several months since it's been going on.

mibox s after android 9 update, Google TV since unboxed. Firetv stick lite unboxed today.

I also have a SHIELD TV. I'll test as soon as I can.

atv4k and firetv stick 4k ok

edit: SHIELD Tv play fine

@ebris asking you for the logs in the app. Enable debug options and send a log from the user menu

pwhodges
2 hours ago, meLIanTQ said:

There's still an Emby server log, even though there's no ffmpeg log.

Paul

We are outputting the movie directly.  What is the Chromecast plugged into?  Have you tried a different HDMI port?  Have you tried setting the Chromecast to 1080 directly?

How is it connected?  Are there multiple HDMI ports on this TV?

Also, in the display settings on the Chromecast itself, is that set to only 1080 output?

The Chromecast supports 4K and may be expecting the TV to downscale it but maybe this TV cannot so you need to force it down.

meLIanTQ

Connected to the side, set in 1080p/60Hz but reports the 720p. It’s not a 4k TV. But the odd thing is that a 4k firetvstick works and not lite it. So the version of android probably has to play it. And the SHIELD tv also works. Emby switches well in 1080p/24 if the option to match frequency is enabled. But on the chromecast nothing tilks

1 hour ago, meLIanTQ said:

but reports the 720p

Hi.  Exactly what is reporting 720p?  Is this TV really only a 720 set?

• 2 weeks later...
meLIanTQ

Hello, yes the problem is always present. I can no longer test with firetv lite because I sent it back for refund. But GoogleTV Chromecast has the problem.

Did you try different HDMI ports?  Is there a cable between the Chromecast and TV?  In the log you sent previously, it was simply outputting the video directly.  The Chromecast should have been downscaling it to 1080 if you had it set to 1080.

meLIanTQ

I still have mibox s and 1 Google Tv chromecast and nothing in the logs appears. Test the different ports hdmi and always the same worries. I have 3 tv 1080p and the problem is on the 3. The 4k video starts with direct reading but either lag or no image and sound. No worries on a SHIELD TV or firetvstick 4k. If I don’t want to worry, he has to be 1080p videos and it’s displayed well