Update artists to the new musicartists folder

arthurmv
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

arthurmv

After an update I can't use "People Backup" plugin anymore, but I noticed we have a "musicartists" folder, a better way to backup artist metadata in my opinion. So how can we update our artists we had before the update? I just have the new ones... I tried a "metadata update" to library but nothing...

• Emby Server v4.6.2.0

• Solution

Hi, the server will do a database migration. There is nothing you need to do. It won't move existing image files, but as new ones get downloaded over time, they'll get saved in the new location.

arthurmv
On 6/21/2021 at 10:24 AM, Luke said:

Hi, the server will do a database migration. There is nothing you need to do. It won't move existing image files, but as new ones get downloaded over time, they'll get saved in the new location.

It has some days running and waiting for DB migration, I hope to see all metadata left in new folders soon.

There is nothing to wait for. It happens as soon as you update to 4.6, but as I said, files and folders are not moved.

arthurmv

Oh got it, but I can't backup all metadata, I would like to do something for make old metadata available in new format.

1 hour ago, arthurmv said:

Oh got it, but I can't backup all metadata, I would like to do something for make old metadata available in new format.

What exactly do you mean?

Happy2Play
On 6/19/2021 at 9:18 PM, arthurmv said:

After an update I can't use "People Backup" plugin anymore, but I noticed we have a "musicartists" folder, a better way to backup artist metadata in my opinion. So how can we update our artists we had before the update? I just have the new ones... I tried a "metadata update" to library but nothing...

• Emby Server v4.6.2.0

You would need the plugin dev to update the plug to be able to pull all musicartist from /metadata/library.  As I don't believe the Migration plugin covers musicartists.

arthurmv
12 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

You would need the plugin dev to update the plug to be able to pull all musicartist from /metadata/library.  As I don't believe the Migration plugin covers musicartists.

You mean the developer behind "People Backup" plugin? Meanwhile I keep a backup from both folders but is better "musicartists".

12 hours ago, cayars said:

What exactly do you mean?

Sorry just can't backup all metadata that I had before the update in "musicartists" folder, that's it.

14 hours ago, Luke said:

There is nothing to wait for. It happens as soon as you update to 4.6, but as I said, files and folders are not moved.

OK I thought we had a way to move/update the metadata. Thanks.

DSM 7 official release is comming this June 29th, hope all goes well, a good backup would be good to keep.

arthurmv

Sorry for any inconvenience, I decided to start over the server and get all DSM 7 improvements and a fresh emby setup. So all good now.

• Like 1