Strange Behavior When Attempting Deletion

sundevil67

sundevil67

I'm seeing this dialog (attached) when trying to delete items from my server. I checked the permissions for the enclosing folder, and repeated the operation a few times with the same result (in other folders as well). The really strange part is that the items I am trying to delete do actually wind up in the trash. Any idea what might be happening here? My log file is actually >30MB! I zipped it up...but that doesn't seem normal either....

emby_delete.png

embyserver.txt.zip

Happy2Play

Specifically the Locked database section.

Data path: /Users/username/.config/emby-server/data

sundevil67

Before I go through all that, can you be sure my database is corrupted? I ask because an interesting dialog popped up from "Better Trash Empty", a utility I'd been using to automatically empty my trash because some recordings were piling up in there. Anyway, I logged in remotely & was met with a message telling me I needed to "Disable System Integrity Protection module on MacOS" before it would allow me to empty the trash. So I'm thinking this may not even be related to Emby, but is rather an issue with my system & deleting files in general. Anyway, no harm in trying those steps first I guess. I'm just stalling at the moment because I can't seem to accomplish any of it remotely, so I have to wait until I'm physically in front of that computer. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks so much for investigating.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, sundevil67 said:

Before I go through all that, can you be sure my database is corrupted? I ask because an interesting dialog popped up from "Better Trash Empty", a utility I'd been using to automatically empty my trash because some recordings were piling up in there. Anyway, I logged in remotely & was met with a message telling me I needed to "Disable System Integrity Protection module on MacOS" before it would allow me to empty the trash. So I'm thinking this may not even be related to Emby, but is rather an issue with my system & deleting files in general. Anyway, no harm in trying those steps first I guess. I'm just stalling at the moment because I can't seem to accomplish any of it remotely, so I have to wait until I'm physically in front of that computer. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks so much for investigating.

No you do not currently show a corrupt database, as mentioned you show a Locked database.

SQLitePCL.pretty.SQLiteException: Busy: database is locked

So you need to go through the steps of deleting the shm and wal files with Emby shutdown.