Movie Collections not displaying after 4.6 upgrade but original collections still in file system

unisoft
Go to solution Solved by pünktchen,

unisoft

Just noticed my collections are gone after upgrade to 4.6.x.

I can see all the XML and associated image files in \emby\data\collections. The collection.XML file still has all the paths in it for the collection contents.

These were all created by hand in Emby as boxset plugin not used. I don't use NFO so that isn't ticked (I tried it ticked too).

It keeps one collection for PREDATOR showing, but when I look in \emby\metadata\collections I can see 5 movie collections in there but the PREDATOR one isn't listed.

Does anyone know how to make Emby re-read these collections and out them back as a REFRESH METADATA scan didn't?

• Solution
pünktchen

I don't use any Windows only code in the plugin, so it should be working also on Synology. But of course you have to manually place the dll in Emby's plugin folder.

unisoft
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

I don't use any Windows only code in the plugin, so it should be working also on Synology. But of course you have to manually place the dll in Emby's plugin folder.

thank you, Ill try it.

unisoft
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

What a superb plugin. People all transferred.

I did get Migration Aborted on collection processing. Looked in the Emby log file and worked out, that there was a couple of duplicated folders in original collections folder (\emby\data\collections) causing the log error. I then worked out which one needed to be kept (normally the one with most files in it) and deleted the duplicate. Ran the migration plugin again, this time unticking the People migration and just leaving the collection processing and all my collections are back.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, this plugin was great.

Luke,  why did Emby devs not do this on the upgrade; and why were we not warned in release notes that this plugin was required?

• Like 1

Hi, It's not required.  Emby can use the information from either the old or new location if you upgraded.