Emby memory leaks on Raspbian ?

cderenne

cderenne

Hi, I'm using Emby since a long time.

Thanks very much for this app !

So, I was using Emby on a Raspberry 3B+ with 1Gb RAM, without swap without any trouble and my MP3 collection became bigger and bigger (today : 38 000 MP3 !)

Then one day, my SDCard died.

So, I've bought a brand new Raspberry 4, with 2Gb RAM and a new SDCard and reinstall system and Emby (disabling swap to save my SDCard's life)

Then , when Emby was updating MP3 database, at 93,5%, it hangs. I've saw with "top" that Emby was getting all of my 2Gb of RAM !! (I've waited several days !)

No error in my log files

Retrying several times with same results I've tried to re-enable SWAP with 512 Mb and it works !

Emby is getting more than 1,5 Gb and 300Mb of SWAP during first scan. At the end this memory is released.

So what's happening  with lastest Emby  (4 . 6 . 2 . 0 ) ? Is there  a bug in memory access not release when scanning files ?

H,  Make sure you're looking at Resident memory usage and not Virtual. Resident is the actual memory footprint for the process and Virtual is mapped space that includes more than just RAM so it looks bigger but is not consuming it.

If you still think there's an issue, please attach the emby server log from when the problem occurred. Thanks.