Emby 4.6.2 upgrade problems and peculiarities

marktaff
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

marktaff

I just upgraded the server to 4.6.2 (Linux), skipping perhaps a release or two, as I don't log in of the server often enough to catch all the updates available.

I'm using Emby-theater for Linux 3.0.15 as a client.

After the upgrade, there are several issues.

For my movies, I now have two 'collections' libraries. The first one says "Collections\nMixed Content\n/var/lib/emby/data/collections" and the second says "Collections\nCollections".  Both show the same content.  Why do I have two, and which is the correct one?

For my music, the library shows "Music\nMixed Content\n/srv/samba/public/music/flac".  Why is it "Mixed Content"?  The only thing there is flac files and a cover art file.

My music collection is set up as:

flac/
  artist/
    album1/
      artist - album1 - cover.jpg
      artist - track1.flac
      artist - track2.flac
    album2/
  artist2/

Every flac file is fully tagged with metadata from musicbrainz, tagged with album-based ReplayGain tags, and has the cover art embedded in it.

In the client now, it now defaults to showing a folder view, where it used to default to showing an albums view.  Now, albums view isn't even an option. The options are "Album Artists, Artists, Playlists, Genres, Folders"

I really want that albums view back, as it is the most useful view.  Judging by the folder view, it looks like it may be properly identifying my music collection.  Also, the folder view is grabbing my Playlists (as they are in the root 'flac' folder, but that makes the folder even that much less useful.

I was able to get the "Continue Watching" and "Next Up" separated; please maintain the option for us to do so. As a feature request, please allow us to exclude music videos from the "Continue Watching" section.

For some reason, my "Latest Music" section only shows five albums, and they aren't even the latest.  I've purchased and set up about 90 CDs since the newest one listed there. One of them is four years old (by mtime).

Also, as a feature request, can we hide/unhide a library without removing it?  I have a library of exercise videos I want to hide, but not remove.  Sadly, I confess to not exercising often nor consistent enough. 🙂

Thanks for your help.

Edited by marktaff
formatting

• Solution
Happy2Play

You can select delete on the "Collections\nMixed Content\n/var/lib/emby/data/collections" library as something did not update properly.  The New Collection library is the one without a path.

There have been reports of library content type changing on some systems, you will need to delete and re-add the library or try to change the content in the library options.xml.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/98712-how-to-play-entire-album/&do=findComment&comment=1030763

As of 4.6 all music tabs are built from the embedded track metadata, they do not rely on folder structure.  Folder view will present your folder structure for the library.  You may need to adjust the library "Music folder structure:" option also.

20 minutes ago, marktaff said:

please allow us to exclude music videos from the "Continue Watching" section.

There is a option on your user Home Screen setting but it applies to Latest and Continue Watching.

Display in secondary home screen sections such as latest media and continue watching

22 minutes ago, marktaff said:

For some reason, my "Latest Music" section only shows five albums, and they aren't even the latest.  I've purchased and set up about 90 CDs since the newest one listed there. One of them is four years old (by mtime).

4.6 had to reprocess all Music do to database changes, but can't remember if I saw this.

24 minutes ago, marktaff said:

Also, as a feature request, can we hide/unhide a library without removing it?  I have a library of exercise videos I want to hide, but not remove.  Sadly, I confess to not exercising often nor consistent enough. 🙂

Are you referring to hiding them on a specific user and still visible on other users?

You have this option per user by removing access to said library via user access.  Dashboard-Users- select user and click access tab, uncheck "Enable access to all libraries" and select the libraries you wish to see.

Note if you ever create new libraries you will have to allow them per user if you have disabled access to all libraries.

• Like 1

marktaff

Thank you for your help.  Everything is pretty much solved, exactly as you described.

Deleting the dead collection library worked.

Fixing the options.xml file fixed my music collection; "albums" is back now. For me (Linux), the path was /var/lib/emby/root/default/Music/options.xml

Hiding music videos from continue watching worked.

My 'latest music' section is now full, with mostly new music, but there are a few old albums sprinkled about.  Not a big deal; also it is transitory, as I buy about 25 CDs a month.

Turning off access to all libraries, then allowing access to just the libraries I want to see worked well.