Deleting files over EMBY

Drunken

Drunken

Hey guys.

Just deleted some "junk movies" from my EMBY library. Small ones maybe 50-200mb.

But found out they where intirely deleted from my NAS aswell (DS716+II) ??  Not even in my Recycle bin on my NAS. 

Thats a bit..  unsafe, With 3 children at home and they could actually delete my intire collection of stuff on my NAS. 

Can you somehow only delete files on EMBY and not my NAS??

Anyway EMBY is great! I just like to have some "security" from my children lol. 

//Drunken

Hi, yes on Windows and MacOS we support sending deleted files to the recycle bin, but we haven't added support for this on linux yet. It's planned for the future. Thanks.

FrostByte

In the mean time you could set up an Emby account for the kids and don't give them delete privilege's to any of the libraries

• 2 years later...
Crestview

i am running on a synology with dsm 7.2 and emby 4.7.11.0 and when a recording is deleted it just goes away and does not show up in the recycle bin. I have confirmed that the folders recycle bin is setup correctly. Has this feature been implemented ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crestview said:

i am running on a synology with dsm 7.2 and emby 4.7.11.0 and when a recording is deleted it just goes away and does not show up in the recycle bin. I have confirmed that the folders recycle bin is setup correctly. Has this feature been implemented ?

HI, the native recycle bin feature is currently only supported on windows and macOS, but Linux support is something we can look at in future updates. Thanks.

16 minutes ago, Crestview said:

Luke, is this feature on the roadmap or not yet. You made the same reply in June of 2021. Please let me know. Thanks

Hi, yes it is.

• Like 1