Customizable metadata options

rodainas

rodainas

Dont know if this was already posted.

For example something like the capture below at least for ratings, to use omdb or another scraper as first priority for this field, and similar for tvshows with the available scrapers for that library type of course.

Also It would be nice and handy to have some language options per field, at least for Title, Tagline, Plot, Episode Title, Episode Plot and Genre fields. Handy if you want to have your tagline/plot/episode-title/episode-plot in spanish for example or your native speaking language but want to use the title of the movie or tvshow in english for english movies, or the title on the native language of the movie (spanish, french, german, etc). With the current setting  you get absolutes, english: everything english, spanish: everything spanish. And would be nice to apply this language options to images too.

I scrape my data with TMM before adding it to emby to have this type of settings, but I would be really good if emby could handle some of this variables.

Update: Also, give the option for "None" to skip scraping for this field and "NFO Only" as @picotrain1 suggested.

image.png.9a2ff849a7b722234c6d9ec7649d7787.png

Edited by rodainas
Update
  • Like 9
  • Agree 3

Hi, yes this type of field level control is a good idea for future updates. thanks for the feedback.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Charles Bosquet

Perfect !

Why impose metadata that we don't need? (I don't care about the critical opinions of others: it's my collection)  😀