Playback Freezes after 30 second on transcodng H264 1080I

mcerss

mcerss
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Sorry been working. 

Well I have good news. After logging into @cayars server on the TV and logging back into mine the problem went away.

The issue has to be something the android TV is doing with caching or who knows.

If the problem comes back I will post here again.

Thank for everyone who tried to help

mcerss
On 22/06/2021 at 07:59, cayars said:

Check your Dashboard menu which will tell you what version you have loaded.

The version listed in my dashboard now is 4.6.3.0

I don't think there has been an update since I started the post.

Where can I check when the last update installed?

The Dashboard will notify you if there is a newer version or will just apply the update depending on your settings:

Settings->Enable automatic server updates
Settings->Allow the server to restart automatically to apply updates

Hi.  The server version in your original post was 4.6.2 and you have now updated to 4.6.3 so, perhaps, that solved the issue for you.

Let us know if you run into it again.

Thanks.

mcerss

So it came back again :(

Most mkv files wont resume, pause or fast forward. Some even start with a black screen.

I think the best way to move forward is just to convert all the media and setup a convert on adding task.

Hi.  This sounds like an intermittent network or hardware issue.  Can we please look at a recent example?

mcerss
18 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This sounds like an intermittent network or hardware issue.  Can we please look at a recent example?

Hello ebr,

I appreciate the help and support you have offered but i noticed that if i convert the files its works without problem. So i just started to convert the 4000 files.

Dont think its a network issue as its all on local lan. Tablet, Chrome, Phones all work fine, Its Just with some MKV files on the andriod tv.

I know you need logs and more details but i just wont my system to work. 

If you like i can share some files it happens with?

Yes, if you can PM me a link to a file with this problem, I can try testing it.

Thanks.

Thanks for the sample.  I can resume, pause and fast forward that item without problems when direct playing, remuxing and transcoding so I do believe whatever this is is environmental somehow.

mcerss
15 hours ago, ebr said:

Thanks for the sample.  I can resume, pause and fast forward that item without problems when direct playing, remuxing and transcoding so I do believe whatever this is is environmental somehow.

Ok. Was that on an Andriod TV?

Do you mine if you access my server and see there?

7 hours ago, mcerss said:

Do you mine if you access my server and see there?

We can do you one better.. If you like we can setup and do a remote session with you using screen sharing.  This way we can test/see this first hand as well as try to see if we can discover why this is happening to you.

If you would like to set this up, send me a PM with your time zone as well as availability to schedule a remote support session.

9 hours ago, mcerss said:

Was that on an Andriod TV?

I tested on my Sony Bravia Android TV.

mcerss
2 hours ago, Luke said:

@mcerss are you still having an issue? Do you want to setup a session with @cayars?

That would be great @Luke. I am in thailand, gmt+7

Just let me know when you are free.

Maybe its just my model of tv, i have no clue lol

9 hours ago, mcerss said:

That would be great @Luke. I am in thailand, gmt+7

Just let me know when you are free.

Maybe its just my model of tv, i have no clue lol

It's morning in the USA so I can do this with you anytime over the next 16 hours or so, just send me a PM with your availability and we can do this.

mcerss
On 04/07/2021 at 07:36, Luke said:

Were you two able to sync up?

Hi @Luke We are talking about it now.

Just another update tho. I install Plex to test and on the Andriod TV i have the same problems as i do with Emby. I mean same problem for problem. Start playing the file, aplication freezes and cannot play anything else until i reset the TV.

Very strange. Starting to think its the TV :(

However Plex does give me a warning about Audio passthrough. Dont know if they cant help you guys?

mcerss

Hi @Luke

We managed to find a time to remote. Big shout out to @cayars and yourself for arranging it and the great customer support but we couldnt get it to work.

Guessing its a TV issue, which is a shame for a Sony TV.

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, mcerss said:

Hi @Luke

We managed to find a time to remote. Big shout out to @cayars and yourself for arranging it and the great customer support but we couldnt get it to work.

Guessing its a TV issue, which is a shame for a Sony TV.

Did you try using External player in AndroidTV app? It might be a band-aid while you convert all of your files. 

mcerss
48 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Did you try using External player in AndroidTV app? It might be a band-aid while you convert all of your files. 

Hi @GrimReaper76 yeah i tried vlc. Same problem, it cant play them.

On the converting side it only worked for a handful all the rest still the same.

Even cayars tried remux 3 different times with no joy.

Looks like an external box, which i didnt want to do.

Its nice to have it on the tv dircetly. Such a shame,  i have been usimg this way for well over a year now. Guessing it was a tv update.

And yes i already removed the Andriod Home Tv updates and still the same issue 

GrimReaper

Try MX Player with different modes (SW / HW / HW+), maybe you'll get some luck there?

I did a remote in with him. Tried remuxing a couple of ways and different containers to no joy.  They playback fine in web player but not the Sony TV.

I did notice these were 50fps videos but couldn't find others on the system also using 50fps to test with so this is a possibly that the Sony doesn't like this but it's long shot.

GrimReaper
31 minutes ago, cayars said:

I did a remote in with him. Tried remuxing a couple of ways and different containers to no joy.  They playback fine in web player but not the Sony TV.

I did notice these were 50fps videos but couldn't find others on the system also using 50fps to test with so this is a possibly that the Sony doesn't like this but it's long shot.

Yeah, couldn't find his exact model but found 55x7500H, it's a fairly recent model (2020), one would assume it really wouldn't have issues with H264. 

Edit: As a sidenote, did he try copying one of those files to TV's internal storage (or attach a USB) and tried to play it natively? That way he could definitely determine is it a Sony issue or else? 

Edited by GrimReaper76
Append

mcerss
42 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Yeah, couldn't find his exact model but found 55x7500H, it's a fairly recent model (2020), one would assume it really wouldn't have issues with H264. 

Edit: As a sidenote, did he try copying one of those files to TV's internal storage (or attach a USB) and tried to play it natively? That way he could definitely determine is it a Sony issue or else? 

Sorry i typed it wrong, it is a KD-55x7500H, link here to it

As i have said before, these all worked before, it only started like a month ago.

I tested with a the file on a USB and play direct from the TV and same problem. It plays but as soon as you seek it freezes. Then the TV cant play any media, emby, chomecast, cast from FB or twich. The only way to play media again is to reboot the TV.

So must be an update to the TV that started the problem :( . I will try and message sony but dont think i will get far :) 

• Agree 1