Bottom of Videos Blurred

luser
Go to solution Solved by speedingcheetah,

luser

When playing videos on an iPhone 12 mini, the bottom of the screen is blurred with a grey bar. The bar has a high opacity making it impossible to read subtitles. It doesn’t matter what type of video is streamed, it happens with all videos. It’s driving me insane because I can’t find anything about this online. I’ll upload some pictures of the issue. If anytime can help, I’d appreciate it. I don’t even know where to begin.

latest Emby server

latest Emby app

iOS 14.4.2

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it 

F12DDC6D-4442-4B0B-90EE-0EDFCF67DD02.png

D7A6FC12-1E9A-4D81-9896-F65BC5E0D993.png

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

samuelqwe

I think this is caused by the new version of the app that just came out (2.0.7). This update added some padding at the bottom of the screen on devices with notches/no home button, but that bar doesn’t disappear when playback starts.

I’ve noticed it too, so this seems to be a bug that was introduced in that update. 

• Like 1

luser

Thank you for the reply. Hopefully it’s resolved soon. It looks like the behavior of screen rotation was broken as well. It’s nice knowing I’m not alone. Thanks again.

HI guys, I can't reproduce this on my devices, but it will be simple enough to fix so we'll get an update out to resolve it. Thanks.

• Like 1

pwhodges

I'm not seeing it on either iPhone SE (2020) or iPad 8th Gen.

Paul

luser

I assume it has something to do with Apple’s “groundbreaking innovation” 🙄 of the screen continuing and curving up to the top corners of the iPhone X+....

samuelqwe
48 minutes ago, pwhodges said:

I'm not seeing it on either iPhone SE (2020) or iPad 8th Gen.

Paul

I think the issue only affects iOS devices with notches, so it would make sense that those two are unaffected.

samuelqwe
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI guys, I can't reproduce this on my devices, but it will be simple enough to fix so we'll get an update out to resolve it. Thanks.

Awesome, thanks!

Also, minor annoyance, but since the little white bar at the bottom of the screen (The one that serves as the home "button" on iOS devices with notches) doesn’t obstruct the tabs anymore, would it be possible to always keep it on screen while browsing menus? It should still disappear during playback like it currently does, but while just browsing your media it would look more consistent with other apps on the phone if it stayed there.

Not a big deal otherwise, it just looks a little empty on the bottom of the screen now, so I think it would look a little better that way.

Generalfuzuki

Same with my XS Max, only appeared after installing 2.0.7 does not matter if auto or cover aspect

33FA3AB0-391A-4175-A41B-BF69DD90C744.png

33CE65A8-278D-46C7-91D0-CF2183C065F1.png

Edited by Generalfuzuki
Added photo

Guardian87

Just wanted to add that I'm affected by the blur in the same way on an iPhone 12 Pro. Drives me slightly mad at the moment.

speedingcheetah

was just about to post about this. same issue all of a sudden with my iphone 12 pro max.  

annoying bar on the bottom of the screen at all times during playback of anything.

does not happen on Android with my old Pixel 3.

• Agree 1

speedingcheetah

ive switched to a neat app called Infuse as it does some wizardry and connects seemingly natively to Emby and other servers. 

it has no annoying bar on the bottom,

Edited by speedingcheetah
  • Thanks 1

luser

Thank you for the suggestion @speedingcheetah

I wanted to add: infuse has PIP, Emby does not, but switching the screen orientation still doesn’t work with either app.

Edited by luser
  • Like 1

• Solution
speedingcheetah
9 minutes ago, nickwzy said:

The issue was solved by APP ver.2.0.8

iOS is stupid and lacking when it comes to showing the user the availability of manual App updates... had to go in to the right update other apps it says need update. Then after 2x loading that page, and scrolling pages down of my installed apps, where Emby is, then it says it has an update available, but does not put Emby at the top where it put the other apps it said have update...

yes, the bar on the bottom is gone now.

But, i am likeing Infuse cause it has on screen gesture/swipe controls to adjust brightness and volume, something Emby used to have while back but removed.