New Installation

mobilelawyer
Go to solution Solved by mobilelawyer,

mobilelawyer

Windows 7 64 bit machine. After the server completed its scan, all posters and backgrounds are visible and the animated disc rolls in classic, but the play button, the cast, and the chapters are missing. The windows media player buttons are visible at the bottom, and the film can be started that way, Will this correct itself over time?

If there is no play button then it probably means the content isn't playable.  Or it isn't properly recognized by the server.  Does it all work in the web client?

A couple screenshots and a log would help us understand as well.

• Solution
mobilelawyer

I found another post in this forum from a user that had the same issue. His was a 720p plasma set with a native resolution of 1024 x 768. He pointed out that the "play" "cast" and "scenes" buttons were present, but rendered so tiny, you literally could barely see them. He went through media center set up again and configured for a 720p flat screen, and the problem corrected itself. All buttons were visible. I tried the same procedure, and it fixed the problem on my machine.

It should be noted that 1024 x 768 is a 4:3 resolution. I think the Media Center configuration process uses 1280 x 720 which is a 16:9.

• Like 1