Request: Convert to selected library

atomicmoon

atomicmoon

I hope I'm not alone here, but maybe so. 

I don't have a huge 30tb nas, so my library is broken apart into multiple hard drives. I keep my 4k collection on it's own separate drive, then a drive for movies, tv, etc.
I do this do try and not just throw a ton of different folders at Emby's library build. And to keep track of files locally.

I'm going through converting my 4k movies to smaller, easier to manage files for network sharing, but the only options are to, overwrite, or place next to.
My process is let it convert, then move the file to a completely different hard drive, create a folder for it and paste it, let Emby scan.

Is there a possibility to add the option to convert to a different library and have Emby handle to conversion, and the moving of the new file?

Just to help illustrate,

Convert Media
    -Replace original file
    -Place next to original file
    -Add conversion to existing library
          -Library 1
          -Library 2
          -Library 3

As always, I did attempt to search for this request!
Thanks for any consideration, links to previous requests, or current workarounds!

• Like 1

Personally, I think this is a pretty good idea, but, instead of a library, maybe just make it flexible and allow you to set any target folder...

• Like 1

The folder sync plugin has some of this where you can choose a destination folder.

atomicmoon

Amazing! I've used that years back and completely forgot about it. I tend to get wild with the plugins and then basic features stop working lol.

Thanks guys, appears to working as hoped and described.

(off topic, can you auto-subscribe to posts that you create here on the forums? I've been forgetting to subscribe after posting and then I don't notice when someone promptly replies to my redundant requests, lol)

rbjtech
3 hours ago, atomicmoon said:

(off topic, can you auto-subscribe to posts that you create here on the forums? I've been forgetting to subscribe after posting and then I don't notice when someone promptly replies to my redundant requests, lol)

Yea i'm not sure why this is not on automatically, but you have to change this in the Notification options in your profile :)

notify.PNG.125d47ff764c2f045adb11acaf4f37d5.PNG

• Like 1

Perfectonline

very good

On 6/10/2021 at 10:02 AM, atomicmoon said:

I hope I'm not alone here, but maybe so. 

I don't have a huge 30tb nas, so my library is broken apart into multiple hard drives. I keep my 4k collection on it's own separate drive, then a drive for movies, tv, etc.
I do this do try and not just throw a ton of different folders at Emby's library build. And to keep track of files locally.

I'm going through converting my 4k movies to smaller, easier to manage files for network sharing, but the only options are to, overwrite, or place next to.
My process is let it convert, then move the file to a completely different hard drive, create a folder for it and paste it, let Emby scan.

Is there a possibility to add the option to convert to a different library and have Emby handle to conversion, and the moving of the new file?

Just to help illustrate,

Convert Media
    -Replace original file
    -Place next to original file
    -Add conversion to existing library
          -Library 1
          -Library 2
          -Library 3

As always, I did attempt to search for this request!
Thanks for any consideration, links to previous requests, or current workarounds!