[Emby on TrueNAS] stuttering while watching .avi files over browser after update to 4.6.2.0

Sylas

Hello everyone

Maybe someone experiences the same issue and already know what the problem is: since I updated to Emby Server 4.6.2.0 (from 4.5.4.0 I think) my older files a.k.a. avi files often stutter during playback, i.e. some part of the audio is played twice in a row while the video is kinda stopping only to sync up again a few seconds later

I think avi files are transcoded (as far as I have read on the forum) so my guess is that something changed there. I also tried with H/W enconding enabled and disabled, no change.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks and br

Sylas
Posted (edited)

ok

I trimmed the embyserver.txt to the time stamps matching to the latest ffmpeg-transcode (I know the topic on "how to report a media playback issue" states "Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us." but it would have been around 100 MB file else)

the first error in the embyserver.txt I've already found here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/98421-repetitive-error-message-on-4610/

seems you already covered that one ... I do not know if that has an influence

hope that helps! and thanks for your help Luke

embyserver.txtffmpeg-transcode-6dd9997d-f6af-4d2b-84c2-a1036ca64a8b_1.txt

Edited by Sylas
Luke

Hi, is this only happening on videos with mpeg4?

Sylas

by now I've seen it pretty much on all my videos...

it seems that after an initial phase where it can happens it goes on pretty normally

@Sylas how did you install? Are you using the community plugin or did you create the jail manually and install manually?

Right now the community plugin is using the stock version of ffmpeg and not the custom version that comes bundled with Emby. This is fine for most files but can cause some playback issues with certain ones. It may be related to this.