Huawei P20 Lite direct play black image

meneumbi

meneumbi

Hello,

When I try to play a direct play movie in x265/HEVC 4K Remux format on my Huawei P20 Lite (Android 9) with 1080p quality on the Emby App, I only see a black image.

However, the sound and the movie continue to play.

The server itself is on my network and runs on a Synology DS 220+ NAS in Docker.

On my Nvidia Shield TV Pro with the Emby app I have no problems.

What could be the reason for this?

Hi, sorry to hear this.

Is this an HDR or DV 4K media file?
8, 10 or 12 bit media file?

Is you DS 220+ running 4.6 and setup to tone map (assuming this is a HDR media file)?

If you try and play this again then look at the logs menu on the server dashboard do you see an ffmpeg log file generated?  If so please upload that here for us to look at.

Edited by cayars

meneumbi

Hello,

a HDR media file. I don't have Dolby Vision to test, not many movies have Dolby Vision. Full HD x264 8 bit works.

a 10 bit media file. 4K HEVC 8 bit works. (8 bit is really rare by 4K remux, FHD is mainly 8 bit)

Yes, newest Emby Server 4.6.2.0 Version in Docker.

"setup to tone map (assuming this is a HDR media file)?" Where i can do that? You mean under "transcoding" -> "Enable HDR dynamic compression:" ? But i don't transcode, it's a direct play.

No, I only see "direct play" and if I continue and pause again directly, i see a still picture of the video and hear just the audio, but don't see the movie.

But under "Protocols" i see embyserver.txt, i only have an ffmpeg log file from transcoding (old)

Edited by meneumbi

If this is direct playing then Emby thinks the device can play back the media.
I would suggest sending an in app log from the directions in the thread I'm about to link to.

This will let us see what's happening at the device level.

meneumbi

Ok, thanks

I have attached the embyserver.txt Log file.

On the Android App i don't have an in app log, only the following have that "Emby for Android TV/Fire TV and Emby for Roku" like mentioned in the topic.

I only have the embyserver.txt Log file.

embyserver.txt

We likely need to see the log from the Android phone to see what's happening there.

Refer to this post for info on this:

We need to wait for @ebr to take a look at this but in the mean time it looks like the app is trying to connect to 172.17.0.3:8096 as well as a 192.x.x.x address.
Do you have multiple LAN segments setup or did previously?

meneumbi

192 is the Emby and NAS IP (Emby is running in Docker)

172.17.0.0/16 is the bridge IP (this is the "standard" under "network" when i create a docker container)

for pi-hole, unbound and mumble i use a macvlan.

On a Samsung Galaxy S9+, S7 and Nvidia TV Shield Pro it is working without problems, i don't undestand it.

Edited by meneumbi

Hi please try the new Emby for Android 3.2+ app update that is currently rolling out and let us know if it helps. Thanks.

meneumbi

Hello,

no it is still not working. black screen.

Full HD Remux H264 is working. (but also not all...) 4K/UHD H265/HEVC is never working. Both showing direct play.

I'm using the Emby for Android from the 21.06.2021 | 3.2.01

Edited by meneumbi

On 6/28/2021 at 1:05 AM, meneumbi said:

What now?

What is the reason?

We're still looking into it. Thanks.

• 1 month later...