DSM 7 RC + Emby7 4.6.2.0

ThierryD

ThierryD

Hi!

I must have done something wrong migrating to DSM 7 RC and then migrating to Emby 7 4.6.2.0.

I lost users, libraries etc...

reCreating users is OK.

reCretating a new library fails : "The Path could not be found".

I did an uninstall/install a several times but it changes nothing.

Maybe a right access problem but I deleted emby_pkg_ user during one of uninstall/reinstall session and this user isn't recretaed during a new install.

Is there a way to uninstall and clean completely all configs files to make a fully cleany install?

Thanks

ThierryD

Hi,

I saw this post after installing Emby 7, so did not follow the steps and thi is why I assume I did something wrong :(.

For some steps It's not clear for me :

• Move anything that users may have created in the old emby share elsewhere => not clear for me. Libraries?
  • Install the DSM 7 package : Ok
  • Delete the old emby share => not clear for me
  • Delete the emby__PKG_ user => Ok
  • Delete the video group => not clear for me

At this point, my opinion is that the simpliest way is to do a clean install and recreate my libraries, but when I reinstall the "corrupted" configuration is used.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi, the answers to your questions should be in that thread. If not just ask for clarification on any step you don't understand in that thread so those familiar with the steps can help you.

ThierryD
3 hours ago, cayars said:

Hi, the answers to your questions should be in that thread. If not just ask for clarification on any step you don't understand in that thread so those familiar with the steps can help you.

hi

You'r right :)

I did not  see emby user were under internal users now

All seems nice now

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
roots89
On 6/10/2021 at 7:27 PM, ThierryD said:

hi

You'r right :)

I did not  see emby user were under internal users now

All seems nice now

For the people how are struggling to find the internal users: go to Shared Folder -> select your volume -> edit -> Permissions -> select "System internal users" instead of "Local users"

Edited by roots89
  • Like 1

See if this post and video attached is of help for doing the upgrade:

• Confused 1

roots89

@Luke Because I have added how to reach the "internal users" for the other people which are checking this post. On my side it took a while to find that and I thought I can help the community with this info. I don't understand the answer from @cayars which has nothing to do with my reply. Thanks

My reply wasn't to you but to anyone having trouble with the upgrade of DSM 7 and Emby Server for DSM 7.
It also shows what you mentioned in the video.

• Agree 1

Rocksmith

Ok. Never saw this thread before synology 7 upgrade. 

Installed emby 7 beta upgrade and updated.

Now emby opens with new setup , no existing libraries or users.

Thought ok ill just start afresh (Even though this will take time).

Well paths not found when trying to add folders ect. Cannot even add a thing.

Is there a work around for this or save / or access  my existing data , user settings ect... instead of a fresh install as a last resort.

Is There a clear step by step guide to use existing setup?

Thanks

Edited by Rocksmith

roots89
15 minutes ago, Rocksmith said:

Ok. Never saw this thread before synology 7 upgrade. 

Installed emby 7 beta upgrade and updated.

Now emby opens with new setup , no existing libraries or users.

Thought ok ill just start afresh (Even though this will take time).

Well paths not found when trying to add folders ect. Cannot even add a thing.

Is there a work around for this or save / or access  my existing data , user settings ect... instead of a fresh install as a last resort.

Is There a clear step by step guide to use existing setup?

Thanks

I have done the same as you :)) I forgot about emby. But I managed to restore it. Only have a look at the video mentioned by @cayars 

Spoiler: the emby folder must be moved somewhere inside the system. System folders are accessible only through ssh (terminal).

• Like 1

unisoft
19 hours ago, roots89 said:

I have done the same as you :)) I forgot about emby. But I managed to restore it. Only have a look at the video mentioned by @cayars 

Spoiler: the emby folder must be moved somewhere inside the system. System folders are accessible only through ssh (terminal).

Can also use free app WinSCP with easy to use GUI to manage folders and files. It also has a command line by pressing the icon in the app to run linux commands.

I login as root in WinSCP app, as I had already changed its synology password via SSH (google for that).

• Agree 1

WinSCP is more an FTP program but is a nice tool to have for sure.

roots89
On 7/2/2021 at 10:56 AM, unisoft said:

Can also use free app WinSCP with easy to use GUI to manage folders and files. It also has a command line by pressing the icon in the app to run linux commands.

I login as root in WinSCP app, as I had already changed its synology password via SSH (google for that).

I heard many times about WinSCP I never checked it. As I use total commander and mobaxterm :) in some cases WinSCAP will be usefull. Thanks for the hint.