Password Required on Local Network Every Time

sundevil67
Go to solution Solved by sundevil67,

sundevil67

I logged out once to test something for one of my users, and now I am required to re-enter my password every time for my main account. I remember running into this a while back & solving it with a prominent setting that said something obvious like 'require password every time'.. That setting seems to be gone or moved, and when I login to my profile through a browser, it definitely has the 'do not require password on local network' option checked. Any other way to get around this? Thanks!

sundevil67
7 minutes ago, cayars said:

Hi, what do you have set here?

image.thumb.png.d86a4afe0dd36a50348f364d82348c71.png

That setting is correct

sundevil67

I can't find the setting within the app itself - It's only happening on my Amazon/Fire TV - can't find anything in there that set this off.

Try going to system menu in Emby then Startup settings.

2nd option down for me is "Prompt for Password" which you want disabled.

Let us know how that works for you.

26 minutes ago, sundevil67 said:

I can't find the setting within the app itself

Cog icon top right of home screen.  First option is "Startup", first option there is "Login Behavior"

• Like 1

sundevil67

It might have... honestly haven't been to the main TV to watch it, so I have yet to give that last tip a go... Tonight for sure

• Like 1

• Solution
sundevil67

Thanks - I did finally get it figured out. The part in that setting where the password prompt option is grayed out unless you go in & change another setting probably threw me off the 1st time I went in there. TBH it's taken me so long because I've been watching other stuff since I'm getting the spinner now probably a bit more than 50% of the time when I launch. Usually it'll work after I exit/restart a few times, but my patience was limited. It looks like I need to install the latest version, hopefully that'll help. Thanks for the tips.

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, byakuya32 said:

this option seems to be missing

Hi.  What option is missing where?