Connection Failure - We're unable to connect to the selected server right now, Please ensure its running and try again.

hookmeup
Go to solution Solved by hookmeup,

hookmeup

Hi all,

I can only log in from the servers web browser.

Running Windows 10, even the windows app from the app store gives me the connection failure message.

I've tried putting the IP address, opened every port in my firewall and my router.

I can see the server in the connect feature but i get the connection failure message.

I've tried on an iPhone, iPad, Shield and Win 10 app and get the same message.

Cheers.

emby3.jpg

embyserver.txt

Hi, this sounds like some type of virus, malware or firewall software running on the Server that's blocking connections.

I'd try turning them off one by one until you find the culprit, then adjust as needed to get back full access to your Emby Server. 

hookmeup
3 hours ago, Luke said:

@hookmeup are you still having an issue with this? I Would suggest checking out our Connection Troubleshooter:

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001849007-connectivity

Please try the steps listed there and let us know which ones succeed and which ones do not. Thanks !

Ive tried them all, it wont use emby connect even on the same computer that the emby server is on. I can only access it by using a web browser on the same pc as the emby server.

If you can't access your Emby server from another local pc via ip:port that almost certainly a firewall issue on the server that needs adjustment per the article Luke linked above.

hookmeup
1 hour ago, cayars said:

If you can't access your Emby server from another local pc via ip:port that almost certainly a firewall issue on the server that needs adjustment per the article Luke linked above.

I cant even connect to it from the Emby windows app on the same computer, ill keep trying all the options

hookmeup

I just disabled the windows firewall all together and it worked, thanks for the help guys ill get it form here :)

• Solution
hookmeup
1 hour ago, hookmeup said:

I just disabled the windows firewall all together and it worked, thanks for the help guys ill get it form here :)

1 hour ago, hookmeup said:

i found there was already a service in windows firewall that had no tick box to allow traffic, ticked it and now it works perfect, inside and out of my network. cheers

• Like 2

Nicely done.

At least you know your local firewall is working well.  LOL

• Haha 1