Stopped downloading backdrops

hakras

Hello,

I've been running Media Browser Classic (currently running version 2.6.2.0 R) for years to support watching movies from my XBOX 360s.  I also recently installed the Media Browser Server to stream to mobile devices.  Since then, the backdrops for movies do not download.  Instead, I get a fanart.jpg file.  I just uninstalled the Media Browser Server and ran a manual refresh to see if that was the issue.  I made sure that Primary Images was checked and I also have Clear Items Cache checked (not sure if it's relevant).  I would normally get 4 different backdrop jpg files per movie, but I am still not getting any.  Any suggestions?

2.6.2 is not Media Browser Classic.  It is the old legacy app that is not supported anymore and knows nothing about the MB 3 server.  If you wish to use MB 3 you need to install MBC from the web page - which will replace version 2.6.2 on your machine.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I misspoke.  What is the newest Media Browser application that works with Windows Media Center (I am running Windows 7 64-bit)?

Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I misspoke.  What is the newest Media Browser application that works with Windows Media Center (I am running Windows 7 64-bit)?

The better question is what version does your application say it is (config page in side MB)?  

Okay, then what I said is correct.  You are trying to use components of two completely different systems.

MB 2.x was a stand-alone WMC plug-in.  MB 3.x is a completely new system designed around a server and with a whole suite of client applications for front-ends.

MB 2.x knows nothing about and will not utilize the MB 3.0 server and is probably not compatible with the metadata the server creates.  You need to install MB Classic (MBC) from the website.  That is the new WMC plug-in that will work with the server.

Thank you for your help.  I guess I was living in the prehistoric ages :)  I installed Media Browser Server and MB Classic.  It seems to be working correctly, but I need to do some XBOX testing and customizations.  Thanks again.