Live TV playback intermittent Xbox Series X

mikenorgate

mikenorgate

I'm seeing an issue when attempting to play Live TV on the series X when sometimes the steam will be transcoded and other times it will show in the dashboard as "Direct Streaming". When "Direct Streaming" there will be varies playback issues, such as black screens, hitching, long load times, or just not playing

It seems to only happen on HD channels, non HD channels seem to always transcode

This does also seem to happen in the web app as well

Emby Server Version: 4.6.2.0

Xbox Emby Theater Version: 1.1.354.70

embyserver.txt

Edited by mikenorgate

Hi, just curious but have you checked to see how many concurrent streams your provider supports?
I ask because I see 4 concurrent streams being tried numerous times in your log and not all providers are going to allow that many streams.

mikenorgate

My Live TV provider only supports 4 concurrent streams. I'm not sure why there was 4 being tried, I am the only user and there was only one device attempting to stream, could it be that some old streams failed to shutdown correctly and that's what is causing the problems?

That could happen if you prematurely try to backup or change channel without allowing the stream to start playing or error out.

Try restarting Emby Server.

mikenorgate

I think that probably happened as I quit the app due to playback of the TV channel being stuck on the loading screen. I've restarted Emby Server and still have trouble playing back the Live TV channel. The player just hangs on a black screen with the loading spinner. I've attached the new log

embyserver (3).txt

Edited by mikenorgate

Nothing looks wrong that I see in the log.

Do you have the ffmpeg log to go with it?

That shows the file was remuxed/direct streamed fine as well.

What clients are you seeing this issue with?