"See All" view for Continue Watching

WEHA

I'm fine with combining the 2 features but it's a hassle to find something now because it will only show a horizontal list.
Please add an option to have a normal vertical list (like latest episodes) so I don't have to scroll 30 seconds to find something :)

thanks!

I suppose you can call it that way yes.
I'd like to have an overview instead a narrow view of a few suggestions.

heciruam

I guess it would be great for all rows. This would come in handy in the music section for recently/frequently played.

I'd like it to open up into a "Grid Wall" with also features like play all or shuffle, as in regular libraries.

Cheers

Edited by heciruam

13 hours ago, heciruam said:

I guess it would be great for all rows. This would come in handy in the music section for recently/frequently played.

I'd like it to open up into a "Grid Wall" with also features like play all or shuffle, as in regular libraries.

Cheers

Hi.  Most of this can be accomplished now in the normal views using filters and sorting just FYI.

21 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Most of this can be accomplished now in the normal views using filters and sorting just FYI.

While this may be true (haven't tried) filtering and sorting just to get this list is not really the intention of the full list while there is a perfectly made list already there, just in a different view.

2 hours ago, Luke said:

Yes a see all button can be added there. Thanks.

Why not 2 options, a horizontal and a vertical one?

A "see all" button would mean I'd have to click it every time I open it up :(

A See All button fits with the current design of the home screen. A vertical representation does not and would require re-thinking the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Luke said:

A See All button fits with the current design of the home screen. A vertical representation does not and would require re-thinking the whole thing.

I'm talking about the suggestions screen really, not the home screen where it makes sense for a "see all" button.

3 hours ago, WEHA said:

I'm talking about the suggestions screen really, not the home screen where it makes sense for a "see all" button.

Hi. That is the same presentation as the home screen though.  You have multiple rows of different information.  Making them vertical would mean you would potentially have to scroll a very long way to see the different categories.  The Suggestions are supposed to be condensed views of, well, suggestions :).

1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi. That is the same presentation as the home screen though.  You have multiple rows of different information.  Making them vertical would mean you would potentially have to scroll a very long way to see the different categories.  The Suggestions are supposed to be condensed views of, well, suggestions :).

Yes but for a different purpose, different views means different priorities.
I don't need nor want other categories, I want a list of my favorite shows that I'm currently watching.
Not with horizontal scrolling or a "see all" button.
The condensed suggestions is 2 on a smartphone, that's just not enough.

I mean we could argue what you and I and someone else wants but just make it configurable and everyone's happy?
Right now everyone is forced one way, one will like it, the other will not, that's just the way it is.
If you can get more people happy, the better it is for Emby and it's community.

Happy2Play

To me the page looks better without scroller.

suggestions.thumb.jpg.06ab624aeb70d3428506ed46bbabf0b4.jpg

It looks nicer, but unfortunately if you do it like this there are users who never discover the lower sections because they don't bother to scroll down. If it weren't' for that, then I would agree. And those users are everywhere. Even in our community. But I won't name names :)

• Haha 1

Happy2Play

From a TV stand point I would call Latest Episode a redundant section as they will appear in Continue Watching/Next Up unless you are watching something out of order.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, kbeck said:

I have an idea....... Quit changing sh!t that works perfectly fine. 

As usual, you take another step backward. 

That is subjective as no area is perfect for everyone or from a design perspective.  There are always pros and cons to every view.  That is why I remove as much horizonal scroll from the web client as possible via script editing and custom css.

7 hours ago, Luke said:

It looks nicer, but unfortunately if you do it like this there are users who never discover the lower sections because they don't bother to scroll down. If it weren't' for that, then I would agree. And those users are everywhere. Even in our community. But I won't name names :)

I hate design decisions that are only for clueless people, make it configurable so people with more than 2 brain cells can also enjoy it.

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, WEHA said:

I hate design decisions that are only for clueless people, make it configurable so people with more than 2 brain cells can also enjoy it.

It is not that easy across multiple devices.  And not possible on all devices.

2 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

It is not that easy across multiple devices.  And not possible on all devices.

That's what fallbacks are for.

• 3 weeks later...

So... is this something to be considered or...because this is SUPER annoying.

I see you changed my title to something I was not asking for :(
That may be the result on some devices but please don't use that as my feature request.