Youtube marking install video as 18+

TeamB

TeamB

Hi guys, I am trying to record a video of the installation steps for Kodi add-ons and when I submit them to youtube they keep on marking it as restricted 18+

Example:

removed

If you go and watch this 4 minute video you will see it has NO media content at all, just screen shots and captures of the Kodi app, no movie or tv show info at all, just the steps to install the EmbyCon Addon.

The restriction links to the following info :

https://www.youtube.com/howyoutubeworks/policies/community-guidelines/

About the youtube community guidelines but is is far reaching and covers a lot, I have no idea which item is triggering the restriction.

Does anyone have any experience with youtube that may be able to shed some light on this?

Edited by TeamB

TeamB

it could be this from the community guidlines that is triggering the restriction:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9054257?hl=en&ref_topic=9282365

"Links to websites, apps, or other information technology that give unauthorized free access to audio content, audiovisual content, full video games, software, or streaming services that normally require payment"

It might be that Kodi or Emby is blacklisted?

TeamB

I tested just grabs of the app, no links to external sites and it still got marked:

removed

This video has all the repository links removed, it just has in app steps to install an add-on, still marked restricted

Edited by TeamB

TeamB

So it turns out if you mention Kodi in the title or description your video gets restricted, this is the same video as the first one with Kodi removed from the title and description

Edited by TeamB

Yeah, that was going to be my guess.  Unfortunately, "Kodi" and "Illegal streaming" are functionally equivalent in their eyes.  We are trying very hard to not suffer the same fate.