Progress bar on tv movie poster missing

cochize1

cochize1

I have noticed that the progress bar over the poster for movies currently playing in tv but it is shown i.e. on the sport events.

I am sure it was in the previous versions of the server (I am on newest stable 4.6.2.0). Is that intended or a small bug?

image.thumb.png.4cd2fadc2280ee4331fd906ef179f542.png

Hi, are you talking about the green bar at the bottom of the image?  If so that should show live broadcast status and how close the broadcast is to the beginning/end of the broadcast.

Exactly. Those progress indicators are showing how much of the program has elapsed. If you tuned to those programs it will drop you into the real time point which is where that green line ends. Those movies above must not be airing at that exact moment.

Edited by speechles

cochize1

Yes, that's what I am referring to but I am pretty sure that in previous server versions the bar was visible also for movies playing on tv in this very moment and now it is gone so you can't tell just from the looking at the poster if the movie has just begun or is it ending (apart from the sport secion where it is shown). Am I right?

It should show the elapsed information on all the rows inside the Live TV view. If it is not doing that than yes, this is a bug.

• Like 1

cochize1
1 minute ago, speechles said:

Exactly. Those progress indicators are showing how much of the program has elapsed. If you tuned to those programs it will drop you into the real time point which is where that green line ends. Those movies above must not be airing at that exact moment.

The thing is that they are being played at the moment and there is no green indicator

Just now, cochize1 said:

The thing is that they are being played at the moment and there is no green indicator

@Luke

cochize1
1 minute ago, Luke said:

Try removing your custom css.

That was the first thing I checked, still the result is the same

image.thumb.png.ef1b1ae0bb2618d3ae78ac284ce90ba2.png

There's no progress bar on movies and shows because they are grouped by series. Try clicking on one.

image.thumb.png.1765b705b5d2352bfeb93f7e4dfe731b.png

image.png.e6fb2d56710045b71247bd5506d0f449.png

image.png.37c0ba4044ea5fe29555d0210af552a2.png

image.png.56d26c15ab10cb056710d73a451961b1.png

This is the only one showing the progress bar and has 3 other showing.  The first 2 had no other showings.

cochize1

Yes, that what I was trying to say, that when I go into the detail view of a given movie there is a progress bar on the poster.

What bugs me about it is that the same situation happens with the section 'More like this on TV' under the movies in my emby library. Since that part show all similar movies that are in my tv guide and some of them are lets say 2 days from now and some are being played at the very moment, without going into details I cannot say witch one is playing now.

cochize1

Do you mean grouped by my EPG data? Because I think that sport events that show the progress bar are also grouped. And is there a way to ungrupe them and see the result?

5 hours ago, cochize1 said:

Do you mean grouped by my EPG data? Because I think that sport events that show the progress bar are also grouped. And is there a way to ungrupe them and see the result?

A grouping of all showings for the movie or series.

• 6 months later...
grbharati

I am having same issue: For the movies and shows in the live TV >> Programs. I see the On Now section has the progress bar of the movies, but the movies and TV shows below it doesn't have it. see the pictures below. How to fix it. I am using Emby server v 4.6.7

image.thumb.png.d384fb67038fe6e55e5042d92f674340.png

image.thumb.png.dd1695c49b7b27e3805a10221b8095b8.png

Update: I see no progress bar for the broadcast for: Movies, TV Shows, For Kids, and News. However, Sports shows the progress bar.

Edited by grbharati

grbharati
On 6/5/2021 at 2:52 PM, Luke said:

A grouping of all showings for the movie or series.

@Luke: I want to make sure you are referring to Live TV section. I cannot see anywhere to group and ungroup Live TV channels in Emby. Can you point me in the right direction?

grbharati

And this happens in iPhone, windows edge web. But surprisingly I do not see this issue in apple TV. In apple TV I can see the progress bar for the live TV broadcast. Seems like a client issue then?

Edited by grbharati
Spelling mistakes

21 hours ago, grbharati said:

I am having same issue: For the movies and shows in the live TV >> Programs. I see the On Now section has the progress bar of the movies, but the movies and TV shows below it doesn't have it. see the pictures below. How to fix it. I am using Emby server v 4.6.7

image.thumb.png.d384fb67038fe6e55e5042d92f674340.png

image.thumb.png.dd1695c49b7b27e3805a10221b8095b8.png

Update: I see no progress bar for the broadcast for: Movies, TV Shows, For Kids, and News. However, Sports shows the progress bar.

In movies and shows you're not looking at the individual airing, so that's why there is no progress bar. You're looking at a grouping. Then you click on the grouping and it shows the individual airings.

grbharati

Thank you @Luke

If I click inside one of the movie, I see the progress bar. I also see "other showings". Is that why it is considered as a movie group (because it is playing right now and there is "other showings" of same movie later)? I do not see this in apple TV. I want to have the individual movies in the main Live TV suggestion screen not the groupings. How can I achieve that?

image.png.bec8105440915ebdc2b3359f550e6282.png

There is currently no option to control that but we are constantly working on improving it. Thanks.

• Like 1