Docker Swarm and SMB Shares / Render

BurntTech

BurntTech

@Luke Do you know anyone has done this or if there is a better option for Docker Swarm to mount the SMB Shares? I would think I wouldn't want to have all the docker hosts each mount the SMB shares. Maybe this isn't a big issue to have the file shares mounted on all hosts when emby moves between docker nodes? I was sorta looking for a way to pass in commands to edit the FSTAB on startup wouldn't be a bad option.

Bonus fun: Currently the nodes are different and I would think I can't call out the Render device IDs as they seem to be different. Would it be possible to mount render'er as the same "name" on all hosts even their different device names.  I would assume they would use the same type of render since that is specified in the docker-compose.  I don't think this is a big issue since I don't really use transcoding for the clients but for offline android would trigger this so it might be figuring out at some point.

Sorry I think I need more context to respond to this. What is the end goal here?

BurntTech

A Docker swarm already exists with 3 nodes. I already have windows SMB fileserver hosting media content. The end goal is to remove my ubuntu install of emby since full vm is a hog and doesn't support pass through GPUs. I would like to get docker image of Emby running with connection to windows SMB shares. We can't do guest or anonymous access to that media.

I've even tried using smb URI with username and passwords

smb://USER:PASSWORD!@FILESERVER/SHARE

Can you try instead to mount the smb share to a local path using Docker, then add the local path in to Emby Server?