Lets see your Media Browser Setups

Swynol

Swynol

Might be interesting to see everyone's setup. what equipment you use where etc.

I've been posting videos all day so I'll stick them in here all in one place.

I'll start with behind the scenes, this is my Node 0, ever room in the house is wired back to here. Bit of a mess atm but a work in progress. Server at the bottom with 16TB storage, its also the main HTPC for the living room TV.

Next video is the living room TV and the equipment that is on the other side of node 0, so avr, xbox ps3 etc. all the equipment here can be streamed to any tv in the house using various methods. so i can play the xbox in the bedroom or study while the wife watches her soaps in the living room. let me know if you want more details of how the A/V gets around the house and how i overcome controller distance limits.

In the living room i use my htpc which runs MBT along with the MBS. i also have the choice of using the xbox dlna client or the samsung app but i prefer MBT.

Thus video is my kitechen/Dinner, i use to use a NowTV boc but recently bought a chromecast and because i couldnt figure out where to use it its now installed here. Video shows me using the ipad app to control it, but i can also use the iphone or android tablet. 

Next video is my bedroom tv, using a roku 2xs and the offical app. the rf remote is excellent, the roku is hidden out of sight. 

Then finally my office, i have a selection mainly my testing area, but i have MBT and MBC on my main PC, MBC on my test machine, chromecast and xboxone. The video focuses on the xbox and how i am able to use the web client to remotely push content to the xbox

More video's coming soon, ipad app, iphone,, android, bathroom Now tv and a few others.

• Like 1

AgileHumor

Very nice setup.  How do you get past the Xbox One Controller limitations?  I also have the XBox One centrally located between the living room and central HDMI feed, but it's just a little bit too far + has to go through a fire door in the garage.

I have a i7 w/ 20TB of storage that is my:

• HTPC (WMC + MBC)
  • MB3 Server
  • Text to Speech Server from Home Automation system
  • iSPy Camera Server (cameras record when detecting motion sensors outside)

As soon as MBT supports a HTTP API, I can switch from WMC:

• Notifications/Screen Pops
  • Goto my IPTV Camera Feed on HTTP API, and return to full screen media after timeout or HTTP API. 

I have Whole Home Audio, a 1x8 HDMI splitter, and Home Automation to turn on/off TV's, Audio, blinds and lights when you walk in the rooms while the central video/audio program "follows" you to every room in the house.

If you want to watch the non-central feed, every TV except the 2 bathrooms have network DLNA capability so you can stream to the room.  Bathrooms and kitchen only support central feed at the moment.

Lots of changes since I posted a few months ago, but here is my central setup:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/4115-ot-new-server-build-opinions/&do=findComment&comment=64719

Edited by AgileHumor

Swynol

theres 2 rooms that the xbox controller struggles to work in. luckily my office has an active USB cable going to node 0 so i can plug my controller in, also as its a powered cable (15m-20m) is also charges the controller, i can have all 4 controllers running of this cable.

the second room is my games/cinema room in here i use a cat5e to usb adapter and then a powered USB hub which again lets me run 4 controllers. Both rooms also have the same setup for my PS3. 

agilehumor - i would like to see some of your automation setup, currently i have a basic setup. CCTV, security, heating and energy monitoring all work through apps on my iphone and tablets. I have some rooms setup with PIRs so the house knows when someone is in the room to turn the lights on and off and also power's up the amp in the room ready to receive music. i hope to get some better lighting control like rako or something when i have spare funds.