2 serveurs sur le meme reseau a distance (2 servers on the same remote network)

thegrunge
Go to solution Solved by thegrunge,

thegrunge

Bonjour j'ai 2 serveurs emby chez moi. Le principal qui est sur le port 8096 fonctionne parfaitement a distance, mais le 2e j'ai meme tenté de mettre 8097 mais rien a faire meme en ouvrant les ports dans le modem et dans linux. J'avoue etre perdu ca fait quelques heures que j'essaie differente choses.

Hello I have 2 emby servers at home. The main one which is on port 8096 works perfectly remotely, 
but the second one I even tried to put 8097 but nothing to do even by opening the ports in the modem and in linux. 
I admit being lost I've been trying different things for a few hours.

Edited by thegrunge

Hi, what exactly is the problem ? I'm not quite clear on that. Thanks.

• Solution
thegrunge

@Lukewith the second server I cannot connect remotely.  the default port is 8096 so i use 8097 and i opened it in the router just like port 8096 on my main server.  But the problem is that I cannot connect to this server remotely.  this way used to work.  is port 8096 the only usable port?

KoRnEr007

You can use another port.
Have you got mapped the good ip with the port 8097 ?
servers are on the same machin ?

Jon
FR

thegrunge

@KoRnEr007I don't know what I did, but it worked this time. I might have opened the port incorrectly in linux, or I had entered 8097 as the enter port to the modem while I had put 8096 at that time as a local port in emby .. I know there is a way to leave the 2 servers at port 8096 by expanding the fowarding port in the modem, but I can't remember how.