Updated Emby Server and custom artwork disappeared

TonyRostron

TonyRostron

Hi, I just updated my emby server to the latest version (non beta) and a lot of my custom thumbnail artwork has vanished see attached

I don't suppose there is any way to recover these at all please?

Screenshot_20210602_130337_com.mb.android.jpg

TonyRostron

Yes I just did this by holding down the selection on the Home screen, and pressing Scan Library Foles. But it is still the same. It has only happened on the ones where I manually uploaded a graphic for the item.

There are about 10-15 items I'm going to have to redo this for if I can't get them back. It's a bit of a pain as I have to get the image and resize it for the different artworks for each one so takes me about an hour to do.

The thing is the next time I update emby I'm going to have to do the artwork all over again 😔

Also one of the items has switched from being Mr. Bean to the Thin Blue Line. In other words emby has changed my manually typed name for the Boxset as well after my update see image (originally I had Mr.Bean instead of The thin blue line because that's what the videos are but it has misidentified it after I had manually identified it)

Screenshot_20210603_084511.jpg

Edited by TonyRostron

Where are the custom images stored? Are they in your original media folders?

TonyRostron

Where would I find that out? I simply login to my server, right click and hold the thumbnail in the home page, click the change image and upload one.

Let me see if I can find out

Edit: Save artwork to media folders is unchecked. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Screenshot_20210604_214344_com.mb.android.jpg

Screenshot_20210604_214538_com.mb.android.jpg

Edited by TonyRostron
Attached image

Happy2Play

Since you do not save artwork with media, there is no way to recover said images.  Would need to see the server log of the time the issue happened but am guessing the library was removed and re-added.  So it deletes and should rebuild the centralized images.  

But would guess you need to run a Refresh search for missing metadata to get your missing images.

TonyRostron

I didn't delete any libraries myself.

This is a real pain. 

More importantly, how do I stop this from happening again?

Thanks

Happy2Play

Without logs for when it happened it is impossible to say why.  The big issue with centralized images it if the library is offline/unavailable Emby could purge and re-add it.

Happy2Play

I don't know why but folders were remove and re-added.   @Luke

Line 215: 2021-06-02 12:16:35.780 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: Private, Path: /volume1/Emby Share/Private, Id: 39
	Line 238: 2021-06-02 12:16:37.917 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: Films, Path: /volume1/Emby Share/Films, Id: 444
	Line 359: 2021-06-02 12:16:40.049 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: Children, Path: /volume1/Emby Share/Children, Id: 685
	Line 490: 2021-06-02 12:16:42.192 Info App: Removing item from database, Type: Folder, Name: TV, Path: /volume1/Emby Share/TV, Id: 818

TonyRostron

My other Synology NAS with emby on (yes I have two of the same setup) has all the artwork. 

Where will I find all the art work in a file explorer and I can at least copy from that one and replace with the one that's become damaged?

Where in the filesystem would I find the artwork please?

EDIT: it's ok think I've found it. Buy Ammi right in thinking I need the check box applied to save artwork in media folders? Either way, I'll go through and just store the ones that at least haven't saved in emby so I can just redeploy them

Thank you.

Screenshot_20210609_093640.jpg

Edited by TonyRostron
Attached image

Hi, glad to see you found it. Apologies for the disruption. Thanks for the feedback.