4K Firestick - Screensaver backs out of paused content - What about Shuffle?

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

Hi, I'm new to the Firestick and other than a few Emby-unrelated grievances with the device, I'm finding it to be a noticeable improvement over my Roku.

One thing I noticed is that if I pause for more than 5 minutes (my allotted screensaver time) and the Amazon/Firestick screensaver comes on, it usually backs out of my content giving me the option to resume... as opposed to taking me back to the paused content itself as it was when I left it.

I read through another thread (that I cannot find again) and this sounds intentional, whatever the reasoning was the workaround was "just click resume and you're back in it".  Which is fine, but I tend to use Shuffle with certain shows.  When I use Shuffle and the screensaver backs me out, I'm back on the series page... not the episode.  I now have to navigate to find the episode I was on.  Best case, it may be as simple as going back to the Home screen and tracking down the show/episode in Continue Watching.  Depending on how cluttered that is, it may be a lesser evil to just track down the season/episode it was to find it on the series page.

I don't think there's a great workaround for this, to conveniently get back to the paused content in a Shuffle situation... unless you guys have some ideas.  I can bump that screensaver time to 10 minutes maybe to make it a less frequent concern.  But just wanted to get your thoughts.  Thank you!

Edited by Dreakon13

Hi.  Yes, the only way I can think of to alleviate that would be to increase the screen saver time out.

• Thanks 1