What's the best folder /file structure for various artist albums?

Kevster1968

Kevster1968

Hi I've got my main artist albums in artist /album /tracks...... Which mostly seems to work well.... But I've got quite a lot of various artists albums with multiple cds..... They're all listed in my emby music as single tracks...... They're down as various artists /album /tracks...... What am I doing wrong they've all been ripped with dbpoweramp, with other software alternatives to emby they integrate fine and are listed as down as individual albums which I want..... Any ideas.? 

Hi, emby server 4.6 does not require any specific music folder structure as everything comes from embedded information in the audio files.

Does this answer your question?

Please check the album tags within the file as well as albumartist and make sure they are correct.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Kevster1968
18 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, emby server 4.6 does not require any specific music folder structure as everything comes from embedded information in the audio files.

Does this answer your question?

Please check the album tags within the file as well as albumartist and make sure they are correct.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Yes it has helped, I've used musicbrainz Picard tool to try rectify some id tags. 

It's helped some albums and now put them in to one album rather than all over the place but with some albums there's isolated tracks on their own rather than in one album still, do you think eventually there could be a merge facility put in to emby so you can just push isolated tracks in to the correct album.? 

Yes it's a good idea for us to have that, but until then it's an easy fix with Picard. Just run a library scan in emby after editing files with other software.