4.6.1.0 Updated and Now Can't Find Files

GloverEggs

GloverEggs

I'm hoping this is just a dumpshit on my part.  I updated to 4.6.1.0 this morning using the Synology package service and the 64 bit package at  https://emby.media/synology-server.html.  I have a DS920+.  Everything went smoothly with the update (as opposed to doing it through docker which kept it at 4.5.4.0).

However, I was updating some items and I noticed some weird things which then got me looking more.  The main issue right now is that my Emby folder isn't showing.  In Emby's dashboard it  still shows:

Paths

Cache:

/volume1/Emby/cache

Logs:

/volume1/Emby/logs

Metadata:

/volume1/Emby/metadata

Transcoding temporary files:

/volume1/Emby/transcoding-temp

BUT... when I go to the Synology File Station, nothing.  No Emby folder. 

Needless to say my backups were in the Emby folder as were collection images that are now gone.  So, help?!

kaj

@GloverEggsYou have to give your user read/write permission for the Emby folder. Control Panel - Shared Folder - select the Emby folder - Edit - Permissions - then give you user read/write

After that you will be able to access the Emby folder.

GloverEggs

Thank you!  Very, very glad it was a stupid question with an easy answer.  I didn't think that it would change the file permissions.  Never even crossed my mind.

kaj

Glad it worked. You will have to repeat this after every Emby update, as the permissions get reset.

kaj

@DJXDo you use the default admin user? I have that disabled and my user set up as the admin. Whenever I update Emby I have to give my user permissions again to view the Emby folder. 918+

8 hours ago, kaj said:

@DJXDo you use the default admin user? I have that disabled and my user set up as the admin. Whenever I update Emby I have to give my user permissions again to view the Emby folder. 918+

I have the user "emby" if that is what you mean. Understood if you are using a different user in place of user "emby" :)

kaj
35 minutes ago, DJX said:

I have the user "emby" if that is what you mean. Understood if you are using a different user in place of user "emby" :)

No, I meant I have disabled the (synology default) admin user and given admin privileges to another account.  

41 minutes ago, kaj said:

No, I meant I have disabled the (synology default) admin user and given admin privileges to another account.  

So have I. But emby doesnt use that admin account so I am confused why it matters??

edit; ah i reread the initial issue - he couldnt see the directories. ok!

Edited by DJX